Friday, March 11, 2011

First Anniversary


Our wedding day - March 6, 2010

After months of saying that I would never have a blog, I finally decided that not only are the kind of cool, but that I actually wanted one myself. A couple of years ago, when I first discovered blogs, it weirded me out that people shared so much information about their lives. Then, about 6 months ago, I stumbled onto a blog of a new mother to triplets. For the first time, I actually enjoyed reading a blog. It may have been due to the fact that her life was far more interesting than mine will ever be, however, that is what caused my change of heart towards blogging. Now I find myself reading any blog that I come across of someone that I know. I decided it was actually a cool way to let people know what's going on in your life. So, in that case, here goes....

A couple of weeks ago I was going through and cleaning out all of my Word documents at work and came across mine and Tra's wedding ceremony typed out. I hadn't read it since before the wedding and had honestly forgotten what it said. For whatever reason, I was very particular about what was read in our ceremony and didn't want it to be just some random words picked out of a book. Seeing as it was the vows we were going to take, I wanted Tra and I both to like what it said and for it to be a representation of how we feel and think. Our pastor gave me a book with a bunch of different ceremonies and we went through and picked out certain things we liked from each and I combined them to make one that we loved. With that said, in light of our 1 year anniversary having just passed (and because I think everyone could and should be reminded of the vows they took) I thought I would share my FAVORITE part of the ceremony. I love everything about what it says. You always hear that your first year of marriage is the hardest, but I will say, if this last year was the hardest then I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. Our marriage is by no means perfect but I have never questioned or regretted the decision I made. I really don't think I could have asked for a husband that loves me more or treats me better than he does and for that I am SO thankful!

""Because the image of God indwells us, we are able to know and personally experience love. It had been said, "He that abideth in love, abideth in God." This is a realization which is celebrated in worship. Where there is the presence of love, there should be worship, for God is the author of love, and He is the Holy One we worship. Therefore, it is the heartfelt desire of Tra and Erin to welcome you- to welcome you to share and celebrate their covenant and commitment of love during this time of worship.

In the past three years, Tra and Erin have learned to know and to love each other. Now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

We have been invited to hear Tra and Erin as they promise to face the future together, accepting whatever may lie ahead. These surroundings were not chosen by chance, just as Tra and Erin believe that they did not meet by chance. They believe that God directed them to be in the same place at the same time, and that it was God's will that helped them to find each other. For the beauty around us, for the strength it offers, and for the peace it brings, we are grateful.

Tra and Erin, nothing is easier than saying words, and nothing is harder than living them day after day. What you promise now must be renewed and re-decided tomorrow. At the end of this ceremony, legally you will be man and wife, but you will decide, each day that stretches out before you, you want to be married. Real love is something beyond the warmth and glow, the excitement and romance of being deeply in love. It is caring as much about the welfare and happiness of your marriage partner as about your own. But real love is not total absorption in each other; it is looking outward in the same direction together. Love makes burdens lighter, because you divide them. It makes joys more intense, because you share them. It makes you stronger, so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.""

No comments:

Post a Comment