I hate that I haven't been keeping up with the blog as much as I'd like, because I want to be able to look back on this blog in the place of a baby book. So, I will try and update everyone on the last 3 weeks as much as possible.
When Anderson was born her stats were as follows:
Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
Length: 20 inches
Two days later, the morning we got discharged, she had dropped down to 7 lbs 13 oz. They said that was totally normal, but that they wanted her back up to her birth weight in two weeks.
We had her first doctor's appointment on Tuesday, December 27th, when she was 5 days old. Thankfully, despite all the issues I had been having with my milk coming in and having to supplement with formula for a few days (I'll do another separate blog post about breastfeeding later), she had put on weight. When she was 5 days old her stats were as follows:
Weight: 8 lbs 1 oz (71st percentile)
Height: 21 inches (96 percentile)
(I think that the hospital measured her wrong because I feel like it is almost impossible that she grew an inch in 5 days, but who knows.)
Well, we had another doctor's appointment on Wednesday, January 11th, when she was 20 days old. I could tell she was a little bigger and was hoping that she would be over her birth weight. Little did I know her stats would be as follows:
Weight: 9 lbs 11 oz (82nd percentile)
Height: 21.4 inches (87th percentile)
I was SHOCKED to find out she had gained 1 lb and 10 oz in two weeks! My girl is definitely getting enough to eat! She is eating in between 2 1/2 - 3 ounces every 3 hours. Sometimes she only makes it 2 1/2 hours and then sometimes she will go 4 hours in between feedings. I LOVE it when she goes 4 hours in the middle of the night! It doesn't happen that often though. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks she will start sleeping a little longer than 3 hours stretches at night. That would make me really happy! At 3 weeks, she is starting to grow out of some of her newborn clothes. Some still fit and some do not. Some of her 0-3 months clothes fit great and some are too big. I guess you could say she is in between newborn and 0-3 months. She is still in newborn diapers, but I think will only be in them for another week or so.
On Monday, January 9th, her umbilical cord finally fell off. I was so excited because I could finally give her a bath, which I ended up doing for the first time on January 10th. When I first put her in the tub she cried, but then she realized she liked it, and ever since then she seems to love it!
Anderson's likes:
- She loves to be rocked in her glider and be sang to when she's fighting sleep. It's the only way I can get her to sleep sometimes. Although, I can't complain, because I love to do it.
- She likes her paci, but only when it's getting close to time to eat.
- She LOVES to cuddle up and sleep on your chest. If she could, she would always sleep like that, and if I could, I would always let her sleep like that! It happens to be my favorite thing too.
- She will only stay asleep in her pack n play if she's swaddled. If she is swaddled, she will sleep in her pack n play all night and for a nap during the day, usually. If she isn't swaddled, she will wake up within 5 minutes of being put in there.
Anderson's dislikes:
- She hates having her diaper changed. She cries almost every time I change it.
- She doesn't like having her clothes changed.
- She hates to be swaddled when she's mad and fighting sleep.
When I sing to Anderson, I always sing a song my mom sang to me as a child. Maybe I am crazy, but it seems to be her favorite song. She almost always quits crying when I sing it. I don't know what the name of the song is, but it goes like this:
My mommy told me something that a little girl should know.
It's all about the devil, and I learned to hate him so.
She said he causes trouble when you let him in the room,
So do not be discouraged when your heart is filled with gloom.
Just let the sun shine in,
Face it with a grin.
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in.
I hope that Anderson has just as fond memories of me singing this song to her as I do of my mom singing this song to me!
Here are a few more random pictures from the past 3 weeks:
![]() |
| I just love that little yawn! |
![]() |
| Anderson at 11 days old cheering on the Gamecocks in their bowl game! |
I think she likes it!
Finally, here is a sneak peek of her newborn pictures! It's a picture of a picture, but when I get the CD from the photographer I will do a post with all of them!
I think that is about all I can think of right now. I have been terrible at taking pictures with my camera and have mainly been taking pictures with my iphone. It is my goal from here on out to take more pictures! I had a cute little Christmas outfit all picked out that I wanted to put her in on Christmas day, but seeing as it was our first full day home from the hospital, things were a little crazy and I didn't get a chance to do it. I am determined to not let anything else important pass without taking pictures! I want to do a post on breastfeeding, but need more time to do it. Although we've had some challenges, I am happy to say that she is primarily getting breast milk!













Seriously Erin, she is SO pretty!!!! She is like.. the prettiest baby! I love her big eyes and dark hair :) Cant wait to meet her. I hope her and Mary Tyler are little pals. Thanks for posting, Ive been missing your blog!! Look forward to the bf'ing blog!
ReplyDelete