I am a terrible blogger, I know. I have had a lot going on lately and am just now getting around to doing a post. I realized earlier today that I haven’t blogged about my trip to San Francisco with 7 of my friends! So, therefore, that will be what most of this post is about.
If there was a city I’ve been to that I would recommend people visit, it would definitely be San Francisco. It was by all means my favorite city that I’ve visited. Granted, I haven’t been out of the county other than Mexico and the Dominican Republic so I’m only basing this on the places I’ve been in the US. Honestly, if I could pack my family and a few friends up, I would consider moving there for a year or two. I really did like it that much.
The first day we were there was a loonng one! My flight left at 6:15 am and we arrived in San Francisco at 11:45 am (which was 2:45 our time as they are 3 hours behind). As soon as we arrived at our hotel we dropped our bags and headed towards Pier 39/Pier 41. We saw the sea lions and walked around then took a ferry to Sausalito which is a really cute little town just across the Golden Gate Bridge. We spent a few hours there then went and got some pizza for dinner. By the time we got back to our hotel that night we had all been up for about 21 hours. Needless to say, we were exhausted.
| The city in the background on our ferry ride to Sausalito. |
The next morning we left bright and early for our tour to Napa and Sonoma. We had some extra time, so on the way to wine country our bus driver stopped and let us take pictures at the Golden Gate Bridge, then showed us some 30+ million dollar homes! Wine country was great and I had so much fun but to be honest, I loved the city more! After wine country we took a trolley to North Beach where we had a yummy Italian dinner. It was a great day!
| The group in front of the Golden Gate Bridge! |
| Beautiful views in Napa. |
Finally, on our last day in San Francisco, we ended up walking for about 3 hours trying to find the Full House house. After many failed attempts we finally found it. (I’d tell the story but it would take a separate blog post to tell you about everything we went through to find that house!) We also saw Lombard Street and walked around at Fisherman’s Wharf. We then ended the night with everyone shopping separately seeing as we were staying in the shopping district! Within the block of our hotel was, H&M, Sephora, Nordstrom, Barneys, Forever 21, etc. I could go on and on.
| At Alamo Park in front of the Full House house! |
I know I probably left a lot of highlights out but it was a GREAT trip! I would love to go back again someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment