Thursday, February 21, 2013

14 months

Since Anderson is over a year old now, I am no longer going to do the monthly updates, but I will continue to do them every once in a while since she is always changing and I know I will want to look back on this when the next one comes along.

What she's saying:
 
- Buhh (Book)
 
- Mama and Mommy (both plain as day)
 
- Dada
 
- Cah (Cat)
 
- Hey
 
- Eye
 
- No No No

- Bee Bee Bee (Beep Beep Beep)
 always when she's pressing the horn on her little red car

- Meyn (Man)
You'll only get this if you watch Dora, but when Swipper say "Oh, man!" she sometimes copies and says "Meyn"

Mah (Map)
Once again, something off of Dora

Baa (Bath)

She actually repeats a lot of other words, but not consistently. She may repeat me ten times and then not say it again for two weeks. Those are the main ones that I can think of that she says often.

 
 
Eating:
 
She eats just about anything and everything! The other night she had salmon, sweet potatoes and broccoli. I seriously couldn't ask for a better eater and am so thankful she isn't picky! She has her days, but overall, she eats great. She is no longer getting a bottle. When drinking water, she uses the sippy cup with the straw most of the time, but for milk, we use the these Nuk sippy cups. They have a sippy cup nipple, but are just a bottle material. They are great because the cup comes out of the handle part, so she can still hold it like a bottle if she wants to. I think they are great for transitioning off of the bottle. She really loves her sippy with the straw in it though.


She is running around all over the place and learning/saying more by the day. One of my favorite things to do with her is play hide-and-seek after her bath. I always run down the hall really fast and hide somewhere before she can get to the room I'm in. She will follow me and come look for me in the room even if it's dark. (Something I would have never done as a child! I was scared of the dark!) She thinks it's hilarious when she finds me! We actually had a scare involving hide-and-seek the other day. Tra was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner and I had just finished giving Anderson her bath. She was sitting in her bedroom floor reading her books, so I walked out for seriously 5 seconds to put her dirty clothes in the laundry basket. I came back and she was gone! I freaked out and ran to the guestroom and looked around. Nothing. Then I flew to the front of the house to look in the kitchen/living room. Once again, nothing. At his point, Tra freaks out because he says he hasn't seen her either. Our house is tiny, so I really was freaking out because I had checked every room and had been calling her name. Tra and I ran back into her room about the time she was coming out from behind her crib laughing. Seriously. Not even kidding. I couldn't get mad at her though because we play that game every night. I am usually the one hiding though! After I got over the fact that I almost had a heart attack, I thought it was really funny!

She has four teeth - the two front top and two front bottom.

She is still in a size 4 diaper. (we tried size 5 once and she leaked out because they were too big).

She is wearing 18-24 month clothes. I am buying all 24 month stuff now, because a lot of 18 month stuff is becoming too short.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment