I cannot believe my girl is a year and half old! Time is flying by and she is growing up way too quickly!
She has 12 teeth. She might night not have gotten her first tooth until right before her first birthday, but she hasn't wasted any time catching up the last six months. She has the front four on the top and bottom and the first molar in all four places. Those molars have really made the difference with chewing food and being able to eat more stuff.
She has 12 teeth. She might night not have gotten her first tooth until right before her first birthday, but she hasn't wasted any time catching up the last six months. She has the front four on the top and bottom and the first molar in all four places. Those molars have really made the difference with chewing food and being able to eat more stuff.
She is in size 24m-2t (depending on the brand) and a size 5 diaper.
She LOVES catching lightening bugs at night. For the past week or so, we have been going out right before she goes to bed and I catch them in my hands and put it on hers. She stands at the door most nights now and says, "bugs." Afterwards, we just sit on the porch for a few minutes and watch them light up all over the yard. Can it be summer all the time, please? I think these will be some of my favorite memories!
She is talking up a storm now and can say just about anything. She has started saying small sentences (only a few times) and has actually started to "answer" my questions every now and then. For example, the other day I asked her "What are you doing?' to which she responded, "I playing." My mom and I about fell over. She always has to do something a few times for me to believe she really gets it and it wasn't just a fluke. I'm beginning to think she truly understands what she's saying. Every month gets more and more fun since she can interact more. However, restaurant trips and such get harder and harder. She is definitely not a child that will sit still and be quiet for long periods of time. She is constantly on the go. Our dinners out are few and far between and I've found that if we decide to go out, it works best if we take her to a playground on the way and let her get some energy out. That's about the only way she will sit still and be relatively quiet while we eat. I love my wild girl though.
She can have such a temper when you tell her no. However, all you have to do it distract her with something else and it's like you never told her no.
She still loves the water. I've started teaching her to put her mouth in the water and blow bubbles. We're not quite there yet, but we're getting there. It's my goal to be able to dunk her under the water by the end of the summer. I really want her to be able to hold her breath if her head happens to go under. She doesn't mind me pouring water over her head in the bath, but chokes on the water if her mouth goes under in the pool. I am hoping to start swim lessons this winter or next summer.
She will watch videos of herself for as long as I will let her. She points to my video camera bag and says "cama." (Her word for camera.)
Her hair is getting more and more blonde by the day.
She still eats really well but has become a little more picky than I would like. She quit eating things like yogurt, but loves cheese, granola, and hummus. She is really wishy-washy about fruits. She will eat bananas, peaches, pears, apples, and grapes. That's about it and I hate it! She refuses to eat blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, etc. I even tried sprinkling some sugar on the more tart ones and she still won't eat them. I am hoping this will get better as she gets older. As far as vegetables go, she has gotten pretty picky as well. She loves broccoli, green beans, black beans, etc., but won't even eat sweet potatoes anymore! I guess it just comes along with the territory. Her absolute favorite food hands down is chocolate chip cookies. Again, she's a girl after my own heart. I hate to even let her have one because she will seriously say "cookie" for the next two days, so we have to limit her intake.
She is still SUCH a cuddler and I LOVE it!
No comments:
Post a Comment