Friday, June 7, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

We had the best Memorial Day weekend! We started it off on Saturday by just hanging around our house and spending lots of time outside in the sun! The weather was beautiful, so we broke out the kiddie pool and Anderson LOVED it! As a matter of fact, if I don't put it up where she can't see it, then she will try and get in it every day.


Don't you love her wedgie?? We were at home, so I let her go without the swim diaper.


We woke up early on Sunday morning and headed down to Tra's Aunt and Uncle's house on Lake Hartwell. The lake is prettier than I've seen it in a long time. It's actually full, so there's no mud - just sandy beaches! Tra's Aunt and Uncle's house is awesome! Anderson had a blast in the pool, playing on the dock and riding on the boat. She was so good, I swear. We stayed outside from about 10:00 a.m. until around 8:30 p.m. I never took her in for a nap or anything. She took two long naps on the boat. Pretty much anytime we started going faster than cruising speed, she would fall asleep. I'm so happy she loves being outside so much! It means this mama finally gets her summer in the sun since I had to stay inside so much last year because she was so young.


Love this view!

D.I.V.A.

Playing a little golf with Bobby.

The water has come up so much that the start of the dock was about four or five inches under the water and she loved it!  

Getting ready to go for a boat ride!





She kept wanting to "drive" with Uncle Johnny.


On Monday, we decided to head to Freedom Weekend Aloft and watch the balloons, or as Anderson calls them "boons." We stopped for a quick meal at Cracker Barrel on the way. Aside from the fact that the balloons started about an hour later than they were supposed to and it was really hot, we had a great time. Anderson seemed to really like the balloons. Even though she kept talking about the horses on the Merry-Go-Round, I don't think she was all that amused or impressed. Maybe next year.



 
 





 
I seriously wish every weekend was a three day weekend and was this gorgeous outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment