Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Edisto (April 2015)

I took the kids to Edisto so I could see one of my BFFs, Jane, at the end of April. Her job is different in that her "weekend" is during the week, and Tra had to work, so just the kids and I went. We had the best time! George loves the beach, thankfully. I got to spend some QT with one of my best friends and got some beach time. It doesn't get much better than that! Well, maybe if I could have actually relaxed on the beach. That would have been nice, but seeing my babies have so much fun was just as nice and worth every bit! 

On the way down, we stopped at Riverbanks Zoo. Anderson is obsessed with animals, so I thought it would be a good stopping point. They had a great time and it broke the drive up so George wouldn't cry. And who doesn't love a carousel ride?!?



The next couple of days were spent on the beach or taking Anderson to every place with animals Edisto offers. We even went to the serpentarium. That is what I call true love because snakes are disgusting. Seriously. And she loves them and it's so weird.

  

 





















George loves chasing seagulls and spent so much time following after them. 


 

 
Before heading home, we stopped in Charleston to go to the Shrimp and Grits Kids sample sale. After we purchased some goodies, I took them to the park under the Cooper River Bridge. They got to play on the playground and then we took a stroll on the pier and got ice cream and swung on their cool bench swings. I also stopped in Columbia to see by best friends, Mallary and Merrie Jo. It was a fast and busy trip, but it was so nice getting to see all my best friends that I don't get to see nearly enough. My kids having so much fun was just the icing on the cake! Can't wait to do it again!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment