I can't believe my baby is one! He's been walking now for about three months. He's such a little toddler and it's hard for my heart to handle sometimes. He never took a bottle or paci, so I feel like there's nothing babyish left about him and I don't know how it happened so fast.
Words:
Mama
Dada
Ball (Bawh)
Bumble (for bumble bee)
Goat (Goah - he only says this when we go to the barn to see the baby goats)
Loves:
Outside
Playing with the water hose
Riding in his red car
His sister
Throwing balls
Jumping on the bed
Reading books
Airplanes
He can:
Walk/almost run
Clap his hands
Wave "hey" and "bye-bye"
High-five
He has four teeth. The two top front ones, one bottom front one, and one bottom one beside the front. It's so weird how his teeth have come in, especially since the top ones came in first. If you had asked me on his actual first birthday, he would have only had three, but has since gotten another one.
He cut all four teeth in a matter of a few weeks and once he did, he started eating so much better. George is just like his sissy in the fact that for weeks before cutting a tooth, he will not eat. He doesn't like meat but is starting to eat pretty much anything else. I am currently trying to wean him from breastfeeding, but it's a slow process as he doesn't really care for cow's milk. I'm thinking he may just not drink milk at all after I wean. The doctor said that was fine as long as he was eating well and taking vitamins. I'm really hoping to be done breastfeeding as soon as possible.
He is in a size 4 diaper and 18 month clothes. He had a couple of outfits that seemed so big that I was wondering if I needed to go back down to size 12 month clothes, then I just realized in these past few days that the buttons had been moved down (I bought them used), so that's why they didn't fit right. He wears a size 5 shoe.
He really does love his sister so much. I can't even tell you how many times I've caught them just rolling around on the floor together and laughing. He tries to copy everything she does. A month ago or so, he was trying to copy her jumping. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen because he obviously can't do that yet, but was trying so hard. He loves playing outside, especially if it involves squirting water with the hose or riding in his red car. Every time we go outside he goes straight for that red car. The boy absolutely LOVES to look at books and be read to. He didn't start liking books until later than Anderson did, so I was worried he wasn't going to like them, but he finally started and I was so happy. I truly think that's one of the reasons Anderson spoke so well so early. We probably read at least 10 books a day, even a young age and that isn't counting what my mom or sister-in-law read to her when I was at work. George will actually start to fuss and cry if you start to put the books up before he's ready to be finished looking at them.
One thing I just thought about today was the fact that Anderson starting loving Bubble Guppies at about six months old. George seriously couldn't care less about TV. He might watch it for like 10 seconds, but that's about it. If he were to like one show though, it would be Bubble Guppies.
We had George's birthday party on Match 29, two days before his actual birthday. He wasn't quite himself that day. I later realized he was cutting a tooth. It finally popped out later that night. He ended up with the stomach virus the next day as well, so that explains the fussiness. No matter how much planning you put into something, you just cannot predict babies. The party turned out so awesome though! We had a great turnout and everyone seemed to have s good time.
We had his party in the hanger at Runway Cafe at the downtown airport. My step-dad has a plane and brought it to let the kids sit in and ride in. He ended up not being able to taxi many kids around because apparently Greenville airport has strict rules since it's usually pretty busy. It was still really fun for the kids.





















No comments:
Post a Comment