Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Anderson's first time IN the ocean!

I am so happy to report that she LOVED it! She absolutely loved the sand and the water. I was so afraid that she wasn't going to like it, but thankfully she did! I can't wait for our girls + kids weekend at the beach in a couple of weeks with some of my best girlfriends. We will actually be beach front then, so I plan on spending much more time on the beach with my girl!

Travel didn't go as well this time as it has with every other trip we've taken. I usually travel at night and she has always slept the entire way to and from the places we've been, but this time she didn't. We had to stop twice on the way down and the way home. One of those stops each way was intended and I was hoping it would be enough, but turns out it wasn't. She would sleep for like 30 minutes, wake up and play with toys for about 30 minutes, and then she would be over it! I could have kept driving, but I would just stop and grab a bite to eat and then she would be fine to get back in the car. It's not so easy traveling by yourself with a baby!

We had such a great time in Edisto staying with Jane. I also stopped in Columbia and saw one of my best friends, Mallary on the way down, so that was nice too. Other than the traveling (which wasn't bad- it just took forever), Anderson was so good the entire time we were there. Well, other than being a little clingy anyway. She definitely wants to be where I am these days. She was so happy out on the beach and riding around in the golf cart. You never heard a peep out of her. She even took a nap, ate her food and took a bottle on the beach. She could have cared less that she was all sandy. I cannot tell you how happy I was about that, because the beach is may most favorite place ever and I want her to love it too!


The view from Jane's living room.


Such a pretty sunset. I can't imagine being able to see this every night from my porch.


This is what we did most of the weekend. Anderson LOVED riding on the golf cart to and from The Pig!


Right after I sat her in the sand for the first time. She loved playing with all of her sand toys.


She loved the water and the shells.







Watching the storm roll in from Jane's kitchen table.



We made it a whopping 50 min on the way home until she was ready to get out of the car, so we stopped so I could eat breakfast. She thinks she's such a big girl!


Feeding Anderson her lunch in Columbia. Looong travel day!


I just had to post this video. I took it and sent it to Tra while I was stopped giving Anderson her bottle. I think it may be my favorite one I've taken so far!




Thanks for letting us stay with you, Jane! We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment