Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Traditions

With Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas being right around the corner, I can't help but get so excited to start our own family traditions this year. It's something that is super important to me and I cannot tell you how excited I am for the holidays! Some of the many things I want to make sure that we do every year is apple picking at Sky top orchard in the fall, visiting a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkin, carving the pumpkin, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, baking cookies for Santa, and attending a candle light Christmas Eve service at church. I realize that Anderson is a bit too young to really enjoy everything this year, but nonetheless, I want to go ahead and start these fun and important traditions. I either grew up doing all of these things or it's something that Tra and I have been doing since we've been together for the past six years. I want Christmas time to be a really special time in our house and want to think of some other fun things that will make Christmas time really exciting. What are some fun traditions that you all have? I know that I want to do elf on the shelf when she's a tad older, but was curious what other people's fun or weird family traditions might be.

On a different note, I am busy looking for all of the stuff to make Anderson's Halloween costume. I need a few key pieces and then I am going to have a lady from my mom's church sew it for me! I can't wait! Also, I've already been working on some fun stuff for Anderson's birthday party. I made cute bunting banners for the wall and her high chair! I am so excited about all of the fun things coming up in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment