Monday, September 24, 2012

9 months old!


9 MONTHS OLD  
 
9 months old and so happy about it!


Another month has come and gone and my girl is one month older. I can't believe she'll be one year old in just three short months! I know it will be here before we know it. Anderson learns more and more each day and always shocks me at how much she actually "gets it," especially when it comes to disciplining her, even if she acts like she doesn't understand at first.

- She is in all size 12 month clothes. I have some 18 month clothes for her, but for the most part, most of them are too big.

- She is still in a size 3 diaper. However, a couple of nights recently, she has leaked out of them during the night, so I am thinking that we will be moving on to size 4 soon.

- We don't have her 9 months check-up until Thursday, but I am thinking she is somewhere in the 22-23 pound range. I can't wait to see how long she is and how much she weighs!

- She still loves food and has tried so many things. The only things I've discovered she won't eat are pureed green beans and meats. If I let her have pieces of my green beans, turkey or chicken though, she'll eat it right up. I think she just doesn't like the taste of bland green beans and meats, and who can blame her.  In another month she will pretty much be able to try just about anything (with some exceptions), which is pretty exciting. Starting this month, Anderson can have whole milk yogurt, which I've already let her taste and she loves it. I am really excited about that because I don't have to make it! Even though she loves food, she has started to have some eating strikes these past couple of weeks. She has meals where she won't eat any of her pureed foods, but will eat pieces of anything I give her. I think she's pretty much just ready to eat table food, which I think is fine at this age, but I am afraid she won't get the amount she needs just eating tiny little pieces of table food. I know I am an overly paranoid first-time mama, but since she has no teeth, it makes me so nervous to give her pieces of food that aren't already a pureed consistency. Oh well, we'll see what the doctor suggests on Thursday.

Her eating schedule is pretty much the exact same as last month, only now she has some puffs as snacks. I know 8 months is kind of late to start these types of snacks, but I didn't see any need to rush it. It's a GREAT distraction tool though!

6:30am - 6-7 oz bottle
9:30am - 3 oz solids (grain and fruit mixed)
10:15am - 4 oz bottle
1:00pm - 3 oz solids (fruit and veggie mixed)
2:00pm - 4 oz bottle
5:00pm - 6 oz bottle
7:00pm - 3 oz solids (veggie usually)
8:30pm - 6-7 oz bottle

-She still has blue eyes.

-She still doesn't have any teeth and it doesn't really feel like she's going to get any anytime soon.

-She LOVES books. Like, seriously. This is what a lot of her Christmas and birthday presents are going to be this year.

- She still has a complete fascination with my make-up for some reason. She loves to dump my make-up bag out and play with everything in it, especially the lip gloss.

 She loves anything to do with water. She will even splash in my cup of water if she can get to it.

- She will always find and try to play with any type of electrical cord. This is what I spend most of my time trying to get her not to do.  

- She still loves outside and I hope that never changes!


This is currently one of her favorite things to do. She will sit in this sink and turn the water on and off as long as I will let her. I have no idea how I even discovered she liked this, but I'm glad I did as much as she enjoys it!


This is her favorite toy. She can surprisingly walk behind it fairly well if she is on the carpet. I still think it will be another month or two before she's walking though.
 
 
Finally, a picture where she is sitting still in the chair!


How did she get so big so fast?




Books are some of her favorite things!


She loves her peek-a-boo book!


Sweet girl!
 
 
Wearing mommy's sunglasses!




 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment