Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day weekend at Litchfield!

Anderson and I had the BEST time at the beach this past weekend. It was so nice to get to see most of my best friends for a long weekend, but we missed Jane and Pam being there! We stayed at Jane's grandparent's beach house in Litchfield even though Jane ended up not being able to come. That beach house holds some great memories, including first week, Jane's bachelorette party, and other random girls weekends. This trip was quite a different story, though, now that some of us have little ones. I wouldn't trade it for the world though! It was a different, even better type of fun!
 
I spent a lot more time on the beach this trip than I did a few weeks ago when we went to Edisto. It had a lot to do with the fact that we were ocean front this time. I ended up keeping Anderson on the beach for about five hours both days. Thankfully, I was able to do it without a tent too! That means this mama actually got some sun. Although, you can't really tell because I was just that pasty to begin with. She took two naps on the beach each day for about 45 minutes each. I didn't think I would be able to keep her out there that long without being in the shade, but you can't even tell she was in the sun. I think it was due to the fact that I re-applied sunscreen a few times and covered her up with a towel while she slept. I am so happy that everything worked out so well, because I really needed some beach time! It was something I've really missed this summer!
 
Anderson loved the sand and water even more this time than she did last time. I think she would have stayed out there all day. She started trying to eat sand a lot on this trip also, which really freaked me out, because I was afraid she was going to get choked on a small shell in the sand. Thankfully though, we avoided any emergencies like that! I can't believe it, but she's not afraid of the ocean whatsoever. I would stand her in the water almost up to her neck and let the big waves almost get to her, then lift her up and she would just crack up. She seriously thought it was so funny. I thought for sure the waves would scare her, but they didn't. She even let me squirt her off with the hose. Hopefully, she's going to be a little water baby and isn't going to be scared of everything.


View from the screened in porch! Does it get any better than this?


Going after that sand bucket!

So dirty! (Note that paci in the sand. haha!)

Anderson and Annie Carlyle (One of my favorite pics of the trip!)

AAD and ACM playing in the sand.

She LOVED the water!

 
 
Addi playing in the sand too!





 
It so funny, because this was obviously my first time trying to get pictures of little ones on the beach in their nice, clean clothes. In my head, I envisioned getting the cutest pictures of Addi, Anderson and Annie Carlyle sitting on the beach. Now, I laugh at that thought. It took Anderson all of half a second to get completely sandy. By the time Addi got over and tried to sit down, Anderson already had sand all over her face. I guess I learned my lesson. It will be a few years because the little ones can take a cute picture in the sand. Next year, I will take them in front of some nice, not sandy scenery at the beach. I would kill to have just one cute picture of all of them together and looking!
 
I'm pretty sure AC is reaching for a puff right here. They were the big hit of the weekend - for all ages.



Please excuse Anderson's wind blown hair!

My sweet girl.



Addi trying to get Anderson to sit for the picture.
 

Addi!

I think Cats Colors was read to Anderson about 50 times on this beach trip. She is not too fond of people she doesn't know well, but if you read her this book she will sit with anyone. Of course, by the time we were getting ready to leave she had finally warmed up to everyone.

Addi reading Anderson her favorite book, Cats Colors.

On the day we were leaving, Anderson decided to wake up about 5:30 in the morning for some reason. I decided instead of fighting to get her to go back to sleep (which didn't look like it was going to happen), I would just go ahead and start our day. At least this way she would sleep more on the ride home. After eating her bottle, we walked out on the beach to watch the sunrise. I'm so glad we did, too. I'm up before the sun a lot of mornings to get ready for work, but I never get to just sit and watch the sunrise, especially at the beach. It was so pretty!



She loved it. She just stared and stared at the ocean. Hopefully she's going to love this beach just like her mama! 




Even though we were missing a couple, I had SO MUCH fun at the beach with Alex, Annelise, Annie Carlyle, Debra, Nikki, Samantha,and Addi! It's been four months or more since I've seen some of them and it was so nice to get to spend time with everyone! Why oh why didn't we get a group picture? Hopefully we can make this an annual beach trip! Love you ladies!  
 
Next up....Pam comes home for a visit from Australia! She'll be here in exactly 8 days, and I can't wait to see her! I can't believe it's been a whole year! I think I might just have my first "night out" post baby while she's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment