Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10 months old!

Are we really only a mere two months away from Anderson's first birthday? Where has the time gone? It just doesn't seem possible. Seriously.

I got ONE picture before she crawled away. Thankfully there is only two months left of these sticker pictures because it's becoming too difficult.
 

My girl is becoming smarter and smarter and learning more and more by the day. Well, I'm sure she's doing things that most ten month olds do, but it's always amazing when your kids learn to do them. Although she can wave and clap, those are things we taught her to do. This month though, she has started to do things just because she's seen us do them in everyday life and not because we taught her to do them.
 
- Just this week, she picked up my tooth brush (while she was playing in the sink) and turned around and put the tooth brush to my mouth and ran it back and forth across my teeth. I know she sees me do this almost every day, but it's just amazing that, at only ten months, babies start to pick up on things like this - things we never make a big deal out of, but things that she notices. It really made me realize how aware of her surroundings she is and that I need to be mindful of that.
 
- Also, while I was giving her a bath she took the washcloth, reached for my hand, turned it over and started rubbing the washcloth on my hand. I always wash her hands off with the washcloth while I'm giving her a bath since she crawls around on them all day, so I guess she just picked up on it and decided she would do it to me. It's simply amazing to watch a baby learn to do new things. You should see us. Tra and I are two of those parents when she does something new. I am kind of embarrassed at the amount of clapping and "smart girl" that goes on in our house.
 
- She is now in a size 4 diaper. I had to move up because she kept leaking out of the 3s during the night. Now that I've changed, I think that the 4s fit so much better and prob should have made the switch and month ago or so.
 
- She has had a major eating strike the past few weeks. I am lucky if she eats one meal a day. We can only guess that since she's not eating solids like she should be, it has caused her to start waking up in the middle of the night and wanting a bottle at like 2:30am. Ugh! I thought those days were over when she was 7 weeks old and started sleeping through the night. The doctor seems to think that it may be teething. Her gums were a little red but it doesn't feel like a particular tooth is about to bust through. We are about to go broke from the amount of formula we are using right now. She can seriously go through one of $25 big containers in 5 days. I am hoping this phase ends soon. My girl used to LOVE food, so I just want her to want to eat again.
 
- She is in 12-18 month clothes. It just depends on the brand.
 
- My girl is getting braver and braver by the day with trying to walk. She will now go from couch to couch (which is only about 1-2 feet in between them) without sitting down and crawling. She hesitates and little bit, then just goes for it. I fully expect her to just try to walk soon. I'm sure it will be quite a while before she is full on walking though.

- She says three words: Mama, Dada and Bubble. Seriously, bubble for Bubble Guppies. Every time it comes on the TV she says it. She babbles other words sometimes, but I don't think she has any idea what she's saying with those words.
 
 
In her jammies trying to get some yogurt. Playing in the refrigerator is one of her favorite things to do.


People watching at Fall for Greenville.


Getting some love from Daddy at Fall for Greenville.


This child's hair is seriously out of control after naps!

She LOVES to sit at this window and look outside.




I LOVE this little munckin so much! She can seriously brighten any day. How can you not smile when you hear her laugh?!?!
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment