I just wanted to do a short half month post because there are a few new things that I don't want to forget by the time the ten month post comes around.
-She loves riding in a shopping cart and will cry when I get her out. She bounces and squeals/talks the whole time we're in the grocery store. I sometimes try to distract her with food when I get her out of the cart so she won't pitch a fit.
-She seriously loves water even more now. When I draw her bath water, she likes to sit in her bath ring right up where the water is coming out. She puts her hand up against the spigot and it squirts water all over the place, including her face and she totally doesn't care.
-She is so fast on stairs and can climb up them so quickly now! We don't have them at our house but she loves to crawl up steps at other people's houses.
-She has recently decided she doesn't really want her pureed foods anymore. I mean, pretty much won't have anything to do with them most of the time. I've had to get creative in thinking of things to feed her that are mushy enough. So far, broccoli has been her favorite! I cook it until it pretty much falls apart and she will eat as much as I will give her! She eats organic greek yogurt, oatmeal (not the baby kind), broccoli, carrots, bananas, avocados, and cauliflower mashed potatoes. All of those veggies get soft enough when they are cooked that they become kind of mushy and I can cut them up into small pieces and she will even feed herself. She gets waaay too messy, but I let her do it sometimes right before she takes a bath. I plan on trying green beans too. I really need to figure some more stuff out that she can eat without me pureeing it. Things like pears and peaches are ok but they have to be really ripe. It's a whole new world for me now because before I just would take a Saturday and made like 3-4 weeks worth of food. Now though, I sometimes have to cook her something when it's getting close to meal time. I better get used to it though because I really don't want her to be one of those kids that eats frozen chicken nuggets at every meal. Not that I judge anyone who feeds their kids that, because I wanted that for every meal when I was young, but I really want Anderson to eat more healthy than that. I figure if I don't really offer it as an option, she won't always want it. It may take more time to prepare all of her food, but it's totally worth it that she's getting fresh, mostly organic stuff. Not to say that there won't be those times when we eat Chick-fil-A and stuff, but I just don't want it to be an every day thing.
![]() |
| The aftermath of letting her feed herself broccoli. |


No comments:
Post a Comment