I had some Christmas pictures made of her the morning of her first birthday. I have her "one year" pictures scheduled a little late in January, so I thought I'd make this small shoot be her Christmas pictures.
ONE YEAR STATS:
Height - 31.5 inches (99%)
Weight - 24 lbs 14 oz (97%)
Head - 46.6 cm (89%)
Walking:
![]() |
| My sweet girl watching Bubble Guppies before leaving to have her pictures taken. |
![]() |
| Holding rocks at Furman before her pictures. |
ONE YEAR STATS:
Height - 31.5 inches (99%)
Weight - 24 lbs 14 oz (97%)
Head - 46.6 cm (89%)
Walking:
She is walking like crazy now. In the past few days, she's gone from walking across the room to being able to walk all the way down the hall and back. Occasionally, she may have to touch the wall to get her balance, but she can walk all around the house without falling or sitting down.
What she's saying these days:
Mama
Dada
Papa
Papa
Eye
Hey (Sounds more like Heeeeeeeeeey)
No-No-No (always in threes)
Bubble
That (Sounds more like Dat)
She can show you where the eye and the nose is on a baby doll, but can only say "eye." She points to it and says it as plain as day. You have to watch out because out of no where she will stick her finger in your eye and say "eye ." There is also this Dr. Seuss book about noses that she loves. She likes to point to all the noses on every page.
Eating:
She had a spell where she would hardly eat anything. I was sending all kinds of food with her during the day, and sometimes she would eat it, and sometimes she would refuse all of it. Once that first tooth broke through though, she started eating anything and everything! Seriously, I don't think there's been a single thing I've offered her that she wouldn't eat the past few weeks. In the morning she usually has greek yogurt or oatmeal. For lunch and dinner she eats all kinds of different stuff, but I make sure she has a serving of fruit with one meal and a serving of veggies with the other. For example, she may have pears and a grilled cheese for lunch, and then broccoli and chicken for dinner. I am hell bent on making sure she is a good eater and not one of those kids that only eats cheeseburgers and chicken fingers. She can pretty much eat whatever we have, with a few exceptions. Most of the time she just gets what we are eating for dinner, unless is something like pizza. In that case, I would let her have some pizza, but I would make her eat a fruit or veggie with it as well. She's been such a good eater lately. She even loves hummus and such.
In the past three days, we made the switch to cow's milk. She didn't even notice. I am so happy to say that she is officially off formula! That will save us at least $100 a month and I am absolutely thrilled!
We've phased out one bottle and are down to four bottles a day (about 18-20 ounces). I was going to try and phase out another one, but Dr. Manley said that she should be getting 18-24 ounces of milk a day, so I'm not going to try too hard right now. She will drink milk out of her sippy cup, but wants it out of a bottle in the morning and at night and sometimes at naps. We are taking it slow, but are attempting to try and start the bottle weaning process. Dr. Manley said to shoot for 15 months, but she should be totally off the bottle by no later than 18 months.
Sleeping:
She usually sleeps around 10 hours a night. She goes to bed about 8:30-8:45 and wakes up about 7:00. Her napping schedules varies, but she usually takes a one to two hours nap around 10:30 or 11:00 and then a shorter, less than an hour, nap in the afternoon. Sometimes, she also falls asleep from 5:30-6:00 on the way home from picking her up. These are the nights that she's up until closer to 9:00 because she's gotten another nap later in the day. This will have to change one day, but for now, I could care less. It just means I get to spend more time with her!
We got her a cupcake to eat on her actual birthday since we did her party a couple of weeks early. She liked it this go round even more than at her party. She started out just picking at it, then ended up shoving it in her mouth. She ate every bit of it! So much fun!
I simply cannot believe she is a whole year old. I'm happy to see her making the switch to formula, weaning off the bottle, etc., but it's a little bittersweet. I don't want her to grow up!
In the past three days, we made the switch to cow's milk. She didn't even notice. I am so happy to say that she is officially off formula! That will save us at least $100 a month and I am absolutely thrilled!
We've phased out one bottle and are down to four bottles a day (about 18-20 ounces). I was going to try and phase out another one, but Dr. Manley said that she should be getting 18-24 ounces of milk a day, so I'm not going to try too hard right now. She will drink milk out of her sippy cup, but wants it out of a bottle in the morning and at night and sometimes at naps. We are taking it slow, but are attempting to try and start the bottle weaning process. Dr. Manley said to shoot for 15 months, but she should be totally off the bottle by no later than 18 months.
Sleeping:
She usually sleeps around 10 hours a night. She goes to bed about 8:30-8:45 and wakes up about 7:00. Her napping schedules varies, but she usually takes a one to two hours nap around 10:30 or 11:00 and then a shorter, less than an hour, nap in the afternoon. Sometimes, she also falls asleep from 5:30-6:00 on the way home from picking her up. These are the nights that she's up until closer to 9:00 because she's gotten another nap later in the day. This will have to change one day, but for now, I could care less. It just means I get to spend more time with her!
We got her a cupcake to eat on her actual birthday since we did her party a couple of weeks early. She liked it this go round even more than at her party. She started out just picking at it, then ended up shoving it in her mouth. She ate every bit of it! So much fun!
I simply cannot believe she is a whole year old. I'm happy to see her making the switch to formula, weaning off the bottle, etc., but it's a little bittersweet. I don't want her to grow up!






No comments:
Post a Comment