Thursday, January 23, 2014

Anderson's 2nd birthday!

Anderson's birthday was on December 22, so I am going to try and do a post about that before I get into all of the pictures from Christmas and her birthday party, which we had on January 4.
 
I seriously cannot believe that my girl is TWO YEARS OLD! I just doesn't seem possible. It has definitely been the fastest and best two years of my life! She is getting so big and talking up a storm. She talks so well. It's crazy for me to listen to her sometimes because she can talk your ear off and say anything. She is so inquisitive and asks A LOT of questions. "What is that called?" being the one I hear the most.
 
I can't remember how many inches she was at her two year well visit, but just know that she is TALL!! She is in the middle of a size 2T-3T, but I'm pretty much buying only 3T now. I have NO IDEA where she gets her height from and expect her to slow it down anytime now!
 
She is completely potty trained! That was one of my top priorities once I quit work. I knew she was ready and I just needed to quit being lazy and do it before George arrives. I just took the diapers off after her nap two Monday afternoons ago. She only had a few accidents in about 48 hours and was completely potty trained after that. We had some serious issues with going number two, though. After about the fourth day of potty training, she hadn't gone number two at all and I was begging her to put on a diaper and use the bathroom if she didn't want to go poo poo in the potty. Well, she wouldn't do it. It's like once she started using the potty, there was no going back! She ended up holding it in so long that she got constipated and had some MAJOR pain and issues. I won't go into all of that but it took us a couple of days and lots of candy to get over that, but once she started using the potty to go number two, we were all set. We've had no other problems at all. After about a week, I started taking her into public without a diaper and she's done great. Not an accident yet. She even told the nursery workers at church that she had to go. I knew she was ready, I just didn't think about how much MORE work it is for the parents. It's nothing to be on the other side of the zoo form the bathroom and she announces that she had to pee pee in the potty. I have to pick her up and run my big, pregnant self to the bathroom that seems forever away. I mean, seriously, you take for granted how easy diapers are. However, I am very proud of her and am glad that I won't have two kids in diapers! I still make her wear a diaper overnight, but she only had an accident every four or five days. It hasn't hurt her progress, so until she's gone a few months straight without an accident over night, I am going to make her wear them. Also, that's another thing you don't think about - having to get up in the night again! When they are in diapers, no big deal, but now that Anderson is potty trained, she wakes me up in the middle of the night to go to the potty.
 
Next thing to go are the pacis, I am just being lazy about getting rid of them. She LOVES her pacis and I just know it's going to be a huge issue and I'm dreading it.
 
 
On her birthday, we had big plans to take her and do all of this stuff, but once it hit about 11:00am, the rain hit and the weather was crappy the rest of the day, so we didn't get to do much. At least we did get to take her to the zoo.




I really can't believe she's two. We love her so much and more than words could EVER express! She is our entire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment