For about a week, we noticed Anderson kept trying to pull her head up off her boppy lounger. It almost looked like she was doing crunches. She just wanted to be able to sit up a look around, so I thought that I would let her try out her bumbo seat. I figured that her head wasn't quite strong enough for it, but she wanted to sit up, and this would be a good way to strengthen her neck muscles. I wish I would have tried the bumbo seat out a couple of weeks ago, because look how well she can hold her head up!
She loves to sit in her bumbo seat! Sunday morning I put Dora on and she just sat there and stared at the TV. (Don't worry, I didn't let her watch it but about 5 minutes)! I seriously can't believe how strong she is for only 10 weeks old. This may be totally normal, but I guess I just assumed it would be a while before she could sit up in the bumbo so well.
Also, Saturday and Sunday morning she woke up to eat around 6:30 and after she ate I put her in the bed with me (something I never did when she was a newborn and rarely ever do now because of my fear of SIDS. I'm crazy, I know!) and look how she cuddled up. I swear I really didn't lay her like this. I put her on her back next to me and she rooted her way over up against me. She really is the sweetest thing ever! I wish I had the time to cuddle like this every morning!
Just a little update on returning to work.....
This is the start of my 5th week back and I hate to say, but it's not getting any easier. :( I still cry EVERY Sunday night and Monday morning. I don't know when it's going to get better, but I hope it's soon. I wish more than anything I could stay at home with her for the first year. In dealing with my anxiety about leaving her all day, this excerpt from Jesus Calling has really helped me.
You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in You. ~Isaiah 26:3
When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it. Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving, saying: “Thank You, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more.” Though the lessons of trust that I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost.
Well-developed trust will bring you many blessings, none the least of which is My Peace. I have promised to keep you in perfect Peace to the extent that you trust in Me. The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems. My Peace, however is such an all-encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances. Though you lose everything else, if you gain My Peace you are rich indeed.
Well-developed trust will bring you many blessings, none the least of which is My Peace. I have promised to keep you in perfect Peace to the extent that you trust in Me. The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems. My Peace, however is such an all-encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances. Though you lose everything else, if you gain My Peace you are rich indeed.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. ~Philippians 4:6 (NASB)
You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in You. ~Isaiah 26:3





No comments:
Post a Comment