We had a great Doctor's visit today....until she got her shots anyway. She did so well and was so happy the whole time we waited to be seen, and then while he examined her. Dr. Manley said she was doing perfect! She even smiled and "talked" to him a little bit. Her stats now are:
2 MONTHS AND 6 DAYS OLD
Height: 23 3/4 in- 93%
Height: 23 3/4 in- 93%
Weight: 13 lbs 9 oz - 91%
I was so happy that he was so pleased with everything, but my happiness did NOT last for long! Anderson had to have 3 shots today and another medicine administered orally. She did fine with the oral medicine, but SCREAMED for all three shots. When I say scream, I mean scream. It was terrible! She started screaming with the first one and we still had 2 more to go! It was awful! They made me stand at her head and hold her arms. Then, to make it worse, the nurse forgot band-aids, so when she was finished with the shots and all I wanted to do was pick my baby up, I couldn't. Since all 3 places she got shots were bleeding, she made me hold her legs down while she went and got some band-aids. It seriously was a little traumatizing for me! I have never, ever heard her even come close to crying or screaming like that. It was also the first time I've seen tears come out of her eyes. Needless to say, I was so happy when she came back with the band-aids and I could pick Anderson up. I have never wanted to do something so bad! It took me about 30 seconds to get her to calm down, and then I was able to get her to sleep. Poor baby wore herself out crying so hard.
Even though the shots were a terrible experience, I am so blessed and thankful that Anderson is so healthy! I never want to take that for granted.
Our next appointment is for her 4 month check up on April 23rd. I can't believe we'll get to start rice cereal then. She's growing up too fast!
Just a few quick notes on my girl....
- She is still sleeping through the night, thankfully! Last night she slept for 8 hours and 45 minutes without waking up!
- She doesn't need to be swaddled when she sleeps anymore.
- She still likes getting a bath, which I am so thankful for! I guess she is going to be a water baby because she has always liked bath time!
- She still loves her swing.
I must say that my favorite thing in the entire world is when you go to get her up in the morning (if you catch her before she starts crying because she's hungry) and she smiles so big when she sees you! It is the sweetest thing, ever!
Just a few quick notes on my girl....
- She is still sleeping through the night, thankfully! Last night she slept for 8 hours and 45 minutes without waking up!
- She doesn't need to be swaddled when she sleeps anymore.
- She still likes getting a bath, which I am so thankful for! I guess she is going to be a water baby because she has always liked bath time!
- She still loves her swing.
I must say that my favorite thing in the entire world is when you go to get her up in the morning (if you catch her before she starts crying because she's hungry) and she smiles so big when she sees you! It is the sweetest thing, ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment