Monday, April 23, 2012

4 MONTHS OLD!

Seriously, 4 months old?!?! It doesn't even seem possible. It's sad she's getting older, but we are enjoying her more than ever! She is at such a fun age right now. I can't even tell you how much fun it is to hear her "talking" all the time or have her smile or laugh at you. Everything she does is cute, I swear!

I don't have any stats right now, but she goes to the doctor on Thursday. After her appointment, I will do another post just to let all of you know just how big my chunky, little monkey has gotten and of course, so I have it on record. She has to have another round of shots, and I am already dreading it! She was just so pitiful last time, and I would be so happy if she never had to go through that again!

Here are some pictures of my girl that I took yesterday. Four months old and her first time wearing a bow! Look at those chunky little legs!




















-She is still eating 5 ounces every about every 3 hours. Sometimes she makes it longer than 3 hours and every now and then less. Also, occasionally she will seem like she's still hungry after I give her a 5 ounce breastmilk bottle, so I will make her an additional 2 ounces of formula, and others she won't even finish the 5 ounces of breastmilk. She has been getting a 5 ounce bottle for exactly 2 months now. She should have increased a little by now, but I don't see the point, because she doesn't even finish her bottle sometimes, and I certainly don't want to waste breastmilk. I assume it's okay that she hasn't increased the amount she's eating by too much though, because she is growing really fast! I mean did you see the cute little fat rolls on her legs? She's definitely getting enough to eat!




 

-She is still in size 2 diapers. Last week, I went to buy a huge box again and thought that she might not last another 3-4 weeks in size 2 (because she only stayed in size newborn and size 1 for exactly a month each and she's already been in size 2 for 2 months), so I bought size 3 thinking that they might be a tad big, but it would be better than her not finishing the size 2 box. WRONG! Size 3 was huge! She can't even wear them.





-She is in all 6 months clothes and can fit in 9 months clothes pretty well. They are just barely big on her. As a matter of fact, I am now buying 9 months clothes because I know it's only a matter of time before she won't be able to wear her 6 months clothes anymore.





-I am not sure how much she weighs, but I am guessing around 17-18 pounds. A couple of weeks ago she weighed about 16.5 pounds, so I feel pretty confident that she will be over 17 pounds at her doctor's appointment on Thursday.


-She loves being outside. Sometimes in the evenings, I will just sit on the front steps with her in my lap. She will look all around and be content just sitting there for as long as I will stay outside.

-One thing is for sure....Anderson is definitely a mama's girl! My mom kept her last weekend while I was doing wedding stuff and even though she usually keeps her a lot while I am at work, this was the first time she got to see me and her together a lot. Usually I just pick her up and head home. Mom said that after watching her all weekend with me that she doesn't seem as happy when I am not around. She still smiles and "talks" during the day when my mom has her, but not nearly as much. Although I am super happy that she loves me that much, it kind of makes me sad. I want her to be really happy when I'm not around. All the more reason I wish more than anything that I could stay at home with my girl.

-She is "talking" more than ever! She gets louder by the day. I absolutely LOVE to hear her make these noises. Her favorite place to talk is on her changing table. She will go on and on as long as you leave her laying on there.




-She still really likes bath time.




-She still has blue eyes. I am really hoping they stay this color, but will be shocked if they do.

-Her hair is still brown, but is starting to lighten up some. I still think she is going to end up with blond hair, because mine looked the same color as hers when I was her age.


-I can't see it but everyone, and I mean everyone says she looks just like Tra. I bet you I really have had about 50 people tell me that. I just can't see it though.


-My girl LOVES to cuddle in the bed.

-She has started to squeal sometimes. It's usually when she's excited or when she's getting irritated and trying to get your attention. Sometimes when she's playing in her exersaucer and is ready to get out, she will make the squealing noise instead of starting to fuss or cry. It's pretty much just her warning before she starts to fuss usually, but there are those times when she makes the noise just because she's happy and excited.


-She is doing one really weird thing. She loves to put things in her mouth and chew on them. Of all the things, her favorite thing to put in her mouth are her fingers. Many times throughout the day, she gets about all of her fingers in her mouth and gets them so far back there that she gags herself. She doesn't seem to get that she's doing it herself though, because a little while later she will do it again. There's nothing I can do to keep her from doing this, so hopefully she'll figure it out soon.

-She still loves her swing and takes all of her naps in it.

-We finally got an exersaucer and she seems to love it too. It's nice because it will keep her entertained while I get ready.


I seriously could NOT imagine life without Anderson now. Having her makes it so much better! I never thought I would be so excited to see or spend time with a person. Although I barely have a social life anymore, I could not care less. I would rather spend the evening holding her than do anything else. I know it may seem like I am a little obsessed with her, but it's because I am! I just have no desire to give up time with her on the weekends when I already have to leave her for work every week day. If I can't take my girl, I pretty much just don't go. It's so funny, because people like that used to get on my nerves, but I totally get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment