Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Anderson's first trip to the beach!

We had such a great time at Pawley's Island/Litchfield this past weekend. Although, we only actually got to see the ocean for about 5 minutes. I had too much stuff to do for the wedding to get to enjoy the beach. I can't wait to take Anderson back this summer because she seemed really interested in the ocean!

I was so proud of my girl because she did so well on the ride down and back. For the ride down, I decided not to leave until about 7:30pm since that was her bedtime, and I'm glad I did, because she slept the entire way down. I didn't have to stop once. Then, on the way home, we left about 11:00 in the morning and made it all the way to Columbia before she started to wake up. We decided to stop and eat and feed her and then hit the road again. Once we got back in the car, she ate a little more and then slept the rest of the way home. I was most nervous about how she was going to do in the car on such a long trip, but was so excited when she did so well. I can't wait to go back again when I can really take her on the beach! The only problem we had was the fact that she didn't sleep well away from home. Hopefully this will be something she will get used to over time. I figured with my being with her she would be fine, but she definitely knew she was somewhere different.


Sweet baby girl at the beach. This was the only shot I could get of her even looking towards the camera. She kept wanting to look at the ocean.


Me and my girl


Grandma and Anderson

I had lots of stuff to do for Mallary's wedding while we were there, so my mom came along to watch Anderson for me while I was doing wedding stuff. I was by no means ready to leave my girl overnight yet. I think if I was a stay at home mom I might could have done it, but not seeing as I am already away from her so much at work. I was upset because even though I was so excited for Mallary, I thought that I wasn't going to get to see Anderson much because of the schedule for the wedding. Weekends are the only time I get to see her awake for more than a couple of hours a day, so I was kind of bummed, but it ended up working out well. Because of my pumping schedule, I ended up getting to see her much more than I thought I would. It made things a little more complicated to participate in, but I made it work. I was thankful for breaks in between the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner so I could run back to the condo and see my girl and pump really quick. Then, after I ate at the reception, I ran home for about 45 minutes and went back. Thankfully, I didn't miss anything good. Pumping every 3-4 hours doesn't sound like it would be that much, but believe me, when you are doing stuff all day long, it can get kind of crazy! I will be glad when I don't have to worry about it anymore. However, on the flip side, thinking about stopping kind of makes me sad for some reason? Not really sure why?

Everything involving the wedding was absolutely perfect though! The bridal luncheon was at Bistro 217 and was DELICIOUS! Then, the rehearsal dinner was at the Yacht Club and was so much fun, but nothing could compare with the wedding and reception and Brookgreen Gardens. It was such a sweet ceremony and was easily the nicest reception I've ever been to. Mallary has one of the biggest and best hearts of anyone I know and I was, and still am SO HAPPY for her. There really isn't anyone else in the world that deserves happiness more than her! Needless to say, I was so happy to stand by her side on one of the most important days of her life.

Rehearsal dinner at the Yacht Club!


The bride and groom!


Only half of the tent. It was huge!


Sweetest bride, ever! Love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment