Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello 2nd Trimester!

Well, technically I won't start my second trimester until Saturday (14 weeks) but who's counting? I am hoping that I will be able to kiss the nauseous feeling good-bye for good in the next couple of weeks. Although, I have to say that it has gotten MUCH better. I still stay pretty nauseous from dinner until bedtime most nights but I almost feel petty complaining about that in comparison to how I use to feel.


There are quite a few things that I am looking forward to in the next 4-6 weeks. First and foremost, I am busting at the seams to find out what I am having. I have been dying to buy some clothes, nursery decorations...something.....anything! I am trying my best to hold off though because I don't want to have to return anything. However, I am pretty positive that the nursery colors won't be gender specific so I probably could go ahead and decide. I think I may be going with more of a neutral palette like this pattern from Serena and Lily for example: http://www.serenaandlily.com/Fabric/All-Fabrics-Fog-Diamond . It looks pretty blue on my computer but it's more of a gray tone in person. I'm not saying that's the pattern I'm going with but I think that I am doing patterns like that instead of the traditional nursery themes. Also, sometime around 17-20 weeks is when you feel the baby move for the first time and I CAN'T WAIT for this either! I imagine it being one of the coolest, most weird feelings, ever! I am so excited for these 2nd trimester milestones! Lastly, starting now I need to start watching what I'm saying because it's not going to be but about 3 more weeks (17 weeks) when the baby can start to hear my heartbeat and my voice. The baby will also be able to start hearing louder noises outside of my body. I guess it's time to make sure that myself and Tra clean up our language a bit! Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think the baby will know what the bad words mean but I guess it would be good practice to start now so that by the time the baby gets here I will be use to it.


After our Doctor's appointment on Tuesday I think I am going to go ahead and pick out and get the baby furniture. There are a few cribs I have found at Baby Furniture Plus that I really like. (One of which was $950 and was my favorite but once I found out the price I had to cross it off my list!) The others are much cheaper and MUCH closer to my price range! I can't wait to just get all of this done!

No comments:

Post a Comment