Wednesday, June 8, 2011

No news is good news, right?

This week's blog post is kind of boring as I have no new exciting news to report. I am just sticking to the saying that no news is good news. At least it's not a post about bed news, right? I am happy to say that I have been feeling much better this week though. Morning sickness is very minimal now and the work day has become much easier to get through. However, I still have to eat a snack in between breakfast and lunch or no doubt about it I will get sick. Also, weirdly my nausea has kind of switched to the evenings. I don't actually get sick but the nausea pretty much stays from the time I eat dinner until the time I go to bed most nights. It kind of sucks but I will take it ANY day over being nauseous all day at work! On another very good note, I am beginning to be able to eat more foods. My appetite is somewhat returning to its old self, all things considered. There are still some things that I use to love that turn my stomach to think about but hopefully that will go away in time as well.

I have another doctor's appointment in a little less than 2 weeks. I will be 14 1/2 weeks then and am hoping that we will be able to find out what we're having! It's crazy, they tell you that you find out around 18-20 weeks yet I know of sooo many pregnant ladies that have been finding out at 14-15 weeks lately. I am hoping that I will be in that majority and find out at my next appointment, otherwise I won't find out until the middle of July! I don't think I can wait that long! Anyone who knows me knows that I am a planner. Needless to say, I can't wait to tackle the nursery, register, and get everything situated. I am ready to be able to just get it done. I DO NOT like having things on my to-do list, obviously! :)

On a much different note, the South Carolina football kick-off game is in less than 3 months! 86 days to be exact! I know I am so weird but I have been counting down the days and cannot wait! Tickets for the first game actually go on sale today but a) I hate to spend $120 on 2 tickets when we're planning for a baby and b) who knows how I feel then. I am just going to cross my fingers that the game is televised or wait and hope to get them cheaper on stubhub. The game is in Charlotte so I would LOVE to make a weekend trip of it and go see and stay with my good friend, Alex Lewis.

Lastly, I am DYING to go to the beach. I am actually going with my brother and his family in the middle of July but don't want to wait until then. I keep trying to think of ways to get a long weekend in at the beach in between now and then but have had no such luck yet.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment: