Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Work shower and weekend

Last Friday, I had my work shower. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture, but it turned out really nice! Everyone brought a dish and then we had red velvet cake (one of my favorites) from Strossner's. Here is the one picture I snapped at home after I unloaded all of the presents in the nursery. Of course, Deuce had to be in the mix of everything. Aside from the fact that he stays right by my side, he really likes laying in the nursery for some reason!


I can't thank everyone enough for everything that they did to make this shower happen! From the huge food spread to all the great gifts! It really is such an awesome thing to see how giving some people can be! Since I couldn't get all of the hostesses a gift, I thought I would just make everyone a little Halloween themed treat. So, I made these pumpkin cake pops for everyone as a little thank-you for everything they did.


With each shower, I am getting more and more stuff off of my registry and and feeling much more at ease about having everything we need when bringing baby Anderson home! Thanks again everyone!


Although I spent most of the weekend sick, I managed to get a lot done! Everything in the nursery is packed and put away. I spent the better part of the day Saturday (other than watching the game) washing everything in the nursery in Dreft and wiping down all of the new furniture with sanitizing baby wipes. I got all the bedding, clothes, blankets, bibs, socks, hats, etc. washed and organized in the drawers and closet. I am just trying to get everything done while I still have the energy, because I don't want anyone to have to do it for me. I am very particular and want to be able to do it myself. It feels really good for everything in the nursery to be ready though. While organizing everything in the drawers, I couldn't help but take a picture of all the bows that Samantha got Anderson. 


Now she should have a bow to go with every outfit! I just hope she has enough hair so that I can use them! (Fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment