Monday, October 31, 2011

Only 6 1/2 weeks left!

It seems so crazy to say that there are only about 6 1/2 weeks left until my due date! (Although, I'm secretly hoping there are only about 5 or so left, but don't worry, I'm not counting on delivering early! I know I would be foolish to do so).


I've gotten some things accomplished lately that make me feel a little more organized and prepared. This past weekend, my mom and I went shopping for some nursing bras and clothes for the hospital. I haven't bought any new casual clothes since I've been pregnant, only a few maternity dresses. I've been wearing my old yoga pants and t-shirts and such at home, so I figured I needed some things that might be a little more comfortable for the hospital and the week or two after coming home from the hospital. I finally got some maternity leggings and a few cotton nursing tunics/dresses that I can wear during that time that are comfortable and I won't look like a bum! It's really cool because the nursing dresses and stuff look really normal these days. They look like ordinary clothes, but are easy to pull to the side or down. You would never know they were meant to nurse in. I went ahead and halfway packed my hospital bag with what I have so I will be ready just in case something unexpected happens. After packing my bag, I realized there are a few more things I should get, but at least I've got what I have in there! Also, I made the appointment to have the car seat inspected. Plan ahead if you intend on doing this, because I got online to register on October 28th and the first appointment wasn't until November 16th. Luckily, it's still about 4 weeks before my due date, so I will have plenty of time!


Also, the Dumit cousins threw myself and Tra a couples baby shower Saturday night. This shower was more centered around Tra since I already had two showers and he hadn't really gotten to be involved in anything so far. So, I made him open all of the presents, which was nice, because the focus was on him for a change! We got lots of great stuff and are very thankful! Tra's cousin, Laura, just had a baby girl about 5 months ago, and gave us all her sleepers and gowns and such that her little girl had grown out of. Anderson should have plenty of clothes for the first few months! I don't want to rush time, but even as cute as little sleepers and gowns are, I can't wait until she gets around 6 months old so she can start wearing all of the cute smocked stuff! I've got stuff in the closet that I can't wait for her to wear!

Oh, and great news! I was randomly picked to win a free session with Lauren Miller Photography! I had already booked a newborn session with Toni Bouton for 10 days out from the time Anderson is born, so I can't decide what I want to use this session for. I am thinking I will do a family session when Anderson is a few months old. We didn't take our dog with us for our engagement pictures, so we don't have any with him. He'll be 8 soon and we have been wanting to get some pictures taken with him before something happens to him. I know that sounds terrible, but you never know. We are obsessed with our dog, so we definitely want to do a family session with him. What do y'all think? Should I do a session now or wait until the baby is born so we can all 4 be in the pictures? The only thing that worries me with this is I don't know how long it will be before I'm comfortable to be in pictures post baby. That's why I thought it might be cute to do them now. Not "maternity pictures" but just a normal family session with Deuce. What should I do? Either way, her pictures look great so I am SO EXCITED that I won this!



I mean, how cute is my dog?!?!? He loves to cuddle!


1 comment:

  1. its getting so close!!! tell me where/who/how i am supposed to sign up for a car seat inspection!!

    ReplyDelete