Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Heaven on earth

We took Anderson to Barnes and Noble last Saturday to get her cousin, Brett some books for his first birthday party the next day. Let me just tell you, she was in heaven. She absolutely LOVES books. Like seriously. The older she gets, the more she likes them. It used to just be really colorful ones, but now she will look at just about anything for a few minutes. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive. I want to get her lots of books because she doesn't have that many, but my gosh, who can afford a bunch of $15 books. What happened to paper backs? I eventually had to just hold her against her will because I thought she was going to destroy the entire book section. She can pull books off a shelf much faster than I ever thought possible.
 
 
 
Anderson attended her first birthday party this past weekend as well. It was her cousin, Brett's party and she had such a great time! After hearing how much fellow play group friends, Annie Knox and Bo liked it, I was thinking about getting her this red car for a birthday or Christmas present. After seeing her play with it this weekend, I am now positive that she has to have it. What is is about this car that kids like so much? She was happy both riding or pushing it. Thanks for the recommendation, Carmen!
 
 
 
 
I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I am in such a Christmas spirit this year! I have already been busting out the Mariah Carey Holiday station on Pandora every night while I bathe Anderson and get her ready for bed. I can't wait to put up Christmas decorations, which I fully intend on putting up this weekend (a full week earlier than normal).  I am also doing "The 25 days of Christmas" for Anderson. I had a hard time coming up with 25 age appropriate things, but I think they will be fun! I tried to save the simple things like "Read the Polar Express" for weeknights when we don't have much time. I will do a post when it gets closer to time about all of the fun things we have planned! I am trying really hard not to get too ahead of myself because her birthday party is in just three short weeks. I swore that I would make her birthday about her birthday and nothing to do with Christmas, but it's hard when Christmas is such a fun time of year. I guess it's okay if Christmas festivities are going on around her birthday and birthday party, but I just want to always make sure that her birthday feels like her special day and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment