-She still fights sleep really bad! She tries her hardest to keep her little eyes open as long as she can. Right when you think she's asleep, she will open them and start looking around again. I guess we may have a nosey baby on our hands that doesn't want to miss out on anything!
-The vacuum cleaner works wonders! Whenever she is fussy or fighting sleep and is crying, all you have to do is turn on the vacuum cleaner and she immediately quits crying. She will usually fall asleep within a few minutes of it being turned on as well. (I will post a video of this soon just to show you how crazy it is! To all you moms out there...you might want to try it! According to the author of The Happiest Baby on the Block the womb is about as loud as a vacuum cleaner, so that's why the sound is so soothing to her. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.)
- She use to hate to have her diaper changed, but weirdly enough, loves it now. She gets so happy when you change her diaper. Most of her smiling happens when I am changing her diaper and talking to her.
- She still loves a bath. This is another thing that will calm her down if she's ever being a little fussy at night.
- She loves to lay down and kick her little legs. Sometimes when she's fussing and I can't figure out why, it's because she wants to lay down flat and just kick and kick. I guess she just wants to get some energy out sometimes.
- When I hold her while I'm walking around, she likes to be held up high so she can look over my shoulder and see what's going on.
- Last week she discovered she can make this smacking/popping noise with her mouth, and this week she has started to do it much more often and much louder.
- Her hair is falling out more and more each day. Fortunately, new hair is already starting to grow back in though. It's just funny right now, because the hair in the front is really short and that hair on the back of her head is longer. It seems to be coming back in dark still. I predict she'll be a blonde within the next year or two though, just like her mama was.
- Last week she discovered she can make this smacking/popping noise with her mouth, and this week she has started to do it much more often and much louder.
- Her hair is falling out more and more each day. Fortunately, new hair is already starting to grow back in though. It's just funny right now, because the hair in the front is really short and that hair on the back of her head is longer. It seems to be coming back in dark still. I predict she'll be a blonde within the next year or two though, just like her mama was.
(Just for the record, so I always remember, she started really smiling at things on January 27th, at 5 weeks and 1 day old. She had been smiling pretty much since she was born, but it was always at the ceiling or when she was staring off. At 5 weeks she finally started responding to me talking to her and smiling back at me.)
Right now she is eating 3 1/2 ounces every 3 hours. She will never really turn down food, but will usually spit up if she eats any more than that. They say the best way to gage how much your baby should be eating is to take their weight and multiply is by 2.5 and that is the amount of ounces your baby should be eating every day. She's pretty much right on target with that, because if she is 11.5 pounds then she should be eating 28.75 ounces, and she usually eats between 28-30 a day. I'm sure she'll be eating 4-5 ounces before I know it. I sure hope I can keep up! She is getting so big and I wish time would just slow down! Happy 7 weeks, little girl! Mommy loves you!







No comments:
Post a Comment