I wanted to do this post because when I wrote the blog about the birth story, I kind of left the personal and emotional details out, and focused more on the details of the how and when. Now that I have the time, I wanted to go back and talk about it a little bit. I know it's cliché to say that you can't imagine how much you will love your child until you actually have one, but it's so true. Nothing will prepare you for the moment when they lay your child on your chest, and you get to see her for the first time. As crazy as it sounds to say, I never really pictured Anderson's face when she was in the womb. It's easy to picture a baby in there with arms and legs, etc., but since I obviously didn't know what she was going to look like, I never really pictured her face when thinking about her. I think that is one big reason it was so overwhelming when I finally got to see her for the first time. You are so concentrated on pushing that you don't have the time to be emotional (at least I didn't), and then all of the sudden there your baby is. It truly feels like your heart could burst with love and happiness, and I mean that literally, not figuratively. It is the craziest experience that I could never explain! I know they say that a baby can't focus for a few weeks, but you would never have known it, because Anderson just stared at me for a long time. It's like she knew exactly who I was. All I could do was lay there and cry and thank God over and over for giving me such a precious gift. It still baffles me that a little human being grows inside of you and comes out so perfect. How someone could go though pregnancy and labor, and not believe in God is beyond me. It is such a miracle and is absolutely amazing to experience. Anderson is almost 2 months old and I still find myself sitting there, staring at her and thanking God over and over for her. I can't even think about her birth without getting teary-eyed. Let's be honest, I really can't even think about her without getting a little emotional. I don't think the over-whelming emotions will ever go away when thinking about that day. I don't take it for granted for one single second that God has blessed me with such a beautiful and perfect little girl, and has allowed me to experience birth and motherhood.
"My Cup Runneth Over" - Psalm 23:5
No comments:
Post a Comment