Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do!

I can't believe I had to leave my baby girl and come back to work full-time! Although she is almost 7 weeks old, I still feel like it is really young to have to leave your baby. It's just not natural to me and I would give anything to be able to stay at home with her. I actually did okay leaving this morning. It was more the 2 days leading up to today and while I was feeding her this morning that I had my meltdowns. I know everyone says it will get easier, but I can't imagine possibly missing my child crawl or walk for the first time. That is SUPER depressing when I think about it. I am on a mission to figure out how to pay some bills off so I can stay at home with my baby girl! It's all I can think about. However, if I can't be there with her, it makes me feel so good that she is with my mom for a month or so. My mom is the next best thing to me! In the meantime, here are a few videos I've taken of my sweet girl the past couple of weeks.



I finally caught a smile on camera! It was just a little one but I was happy to get a video of something! It seems I can never catch these things on camera.



Such a sweet little girl!


 She LOVES to lay down and kick her little legs.

We don't go back to the doctor for another couple of week for her 2 month appointment, but I tried to weigh her on our scale at home and I think she is weighing in at about 11.5 pounds! It's not very accurate because I had to weigh myself and then weigh myself holding her, but I got around the 11.5 mark both times I did it. She is totally out of all of her newborn clothes. They don't even come close to coming up over her shoulders because she is so long now! It is crazy to me how much she's grown in the last few weeks!

She still isn't sleeping through the night, but I think we are getting closer and closer. Last night she slept from about 10:00 pm - 2:00 am and then slept until 5:30, which was 30 minutes before I had to get up. So, I only had to be up once during the night and then ended up getting up 30 minutes earlier than I would have. Hopefully she'll sleep a little longer tomorrow so I can get a little more sleep. It was nice only having to get up once though, so I'm not complaining!

I promise to post some of the pictures from her newborn session before she gets too much older! Hopefuly I can do that sometime this week.

Lastly, here are a few pictures from when my dad came to visit this past weekend and a few other ramdom ones.



My dad and Anderson
Sleeping baby!

This is a hat Aunt Pam made for her!

6 1/2 weeks old!

I am so mad at myself because I always forget to take pictures with my camera. I just snap a few photos with my iphone every now and then. I know I am going to regret it one day, so I really need to start taking more pictures! I never thought I'd say this, but now that I have a child, I would really like to have a nice camera and learn how to take some decent pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment