I know this post is a little late, but it's been a busy week so far. We had a great Mother's Day, aside from the nasty weather! We went to church and then lunch with my mom so that we could spend some quality time with her. My mom does so much for me and Anderson and I really wanted her to know that we appreciate her more than she will ever know, not that I could ever do enough to show her that. She will NEVER know how much it meant to me that she kept Anderson at my house for my first month back at work. Being able to go home and see Anderson on my lunch break made the transition back to work much easier on this already having a meltdown everyday momma. I never knew that I would take it so hard. Originally, the plan was for my mom to keep Anderson for a week or two once I went back to work. I was having serious anxiety as it was about leaving her, and the thought of someone other than my mom, who had been at my house almost daily throughout my maternity leave, keeping her was sending me over the edge. I can tell you that nothing comforted me more than the thought of my mom being there if I couldn't. Thankfully, my mom fell in love with my sweet baby girl and decided she would keep her the whole first month and then 2 days a week after. Until you are in the situation, you will never understand how much that means. I feel like I owe her my life. I have NO IDEA what I would have done if I would have had to put her in daycare that young. I joke that I would have just quit work and filed for bankruptcy. You laugh, but I am halfway serious. I could not have done it. It's just not in me and I am so thankful for my wonderful mom and all she has done for us. It seriously warms my heart to pull up to my mom's house and see her on the porch rocking Anderson. I know in my heart of hearts that Anderson is getting more love at my mom's house than I could ever hope, and that is something I will NEVER be able to repay her for.
The other few days a week, Anderson stays with my sister-in-law, Angie. Thankfully, Anderson warmed right up to her and loves her so much. I am also so thankful to her for loving and taking such good care of my girl. It is SUCH a blessing that I have her when my mom can't keep Anderson, but this is a mother's day post afterall, so that is why I am focusing on my sweet mom.
The other few days a week, Anderson stays with my sister-in-law, Angie. Thankfully, Anderson warmed right up to her and loves her so much. I am also so thankful to her for loving and taking such good care of my girl. It is SUCH a blessing that I have her when my mom can't keep Anderson, but this is a mother's day post afterall, so that is why I am focusing on my sweet mom.
![]() |
| Me and my girl on Mother's Day waiting for church to start. |
![]() |
| Wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way. We were actually at my mom's church, so we got to spend the morning with her too! |
Anderson and I did a little art project to give my mom for mother's day. I put Anderson's hand prints and footprints on a canvas with this poem on it:
GRANDMA'S WINGS
Grandma I wonder
where you keep your wings.
Are they hung in your closet
with the rest of your things?
Do you put them away
and just use them at night
or give them to Rosie
to polish up bright.
I know you have wings,
for this must be true,
'cause God always gives
them to Angels just like you.
where you keep your wings.
Are they hung in your closet
with the rest of your things?
Do you put them away
and just use them at night
or give them to Rosie
to polish up bright.
I know you have wings,
for this must be true,
'cause God always gives
them to Angels just like you.
I think it sums my mom up quite nicely and when Anderson is old enough, I'm sure she'll think so too! Again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to the best mom in the world! I don't know what I would do without you!
I can't believe my girl will be 5 months old in a few short days! I'll be on next week to do my usual monthly update with pictures, stats, etc.


No comments:
Post a Comment