Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My girl is 5 MONTHS OLD!

Happy girl!

Us this morning, on her 5 month birthday!


Goofy grin!


Silly little monkey.


She is such a happy girl!


Enough with the pictures!

 
 


-She is officially in all size 9M clothes. I packed almost all of her size 6M stuff up this past weekend. She is just so long. Within a matter of one week, her size 6M footed onesies went from almost not fitting length wise, to being hard to get over her shoulder. When I could barely get it over her shoulder to zip up, I knew it was time to pack them up.

-She is in a size 3 diaper. It's odd because once you get to size 3, pampers has a regular and a cruisers fit. The cruisers size 3 fits perfectly, but the regular size 3 is still a little big.

-Her eating schedule typically is something like this (within an hour or so):
6:00 am - 6 oz bottle
9:00 am - 1-2 oz rice cereal or pureed fruit and cereal mixed
9:30 am - 4 oz bottle
12:00 pm - 5 oz bottle
3:00 pm - 5 oz bottle
6:00 pm - 1 oz stage 1 pureed food mixed with 0.5-1 oz rice cereal
(or sometimes just more of the pureed food by itself)
7:00 pm - 5 oz bottle

-Of the 30 or so ounces of milk she's taking during the day (I mix it with the rice cereal and with the pureed food to thin it out), about 20oz of it is breastmilk and the rest is formula. The longer I am at work, the more my milk decreases. I think it's because I used to pump three times a day while I was at work, but because I've been busy lately, I have only been pumping twice. Hopefully, once I start pumping more again, I can get it back up to where I'm getting about 25 ounces a day. I also think that I have decided not to stop giving her breastmilk at six months and to try and go for eight or nine months. No matter what, I will definitely stop pumping before she turns one, but I just can't decide when I want to stop.  I want to talk to Dr. Manley at her six month check-up and see what he thinks before I make a decision. I want what's best for my girl, but pumping is getting OLD and will be really inconvenient for beach trips coming up this summer! 



-She has tried butternut squash, bananas, and pears so far. She seemed to like the squash, but loved the bananas and pears. My intent was to do some more veggies first, but she was having some issues going to the bathroom (I think it was from the bananas), and from what I've read, pears are a good remedy for that. Thankfully, what I read ended up being correct. I think bananas are okay, but maybe just once or twice a week. She had them morning and night for like five days so I could see if she was allergic, so I think she just had too much. Definitely something I am going to keep in the back of my mind though. I have some sweet potatoes made in the freezer, so after a couple of more days trying pears, we are going to see how she likes the sweet potatoes. I think they taste really similar to butternut squash, so hopefully she'll like them. If she takes after her daddy she should like everything. I swear there isn't anything that the man won't eat.

-She still loves to hold the bowl and spoon when she eats.





-Poor girl's hands and feet are so clammy sometimes.

-She's getting pretty good at siting up. A lot of times, she'll sit up unassisted for about 5 seconds before she starts to fall to the side or lean all the way forward. It's usually because she is reaching for something though. She's not strong enough to reach forward for a toy and then sit herself back up alone.

-She's still sleeping pretty well. She sleeps about 14 hours out of the day. From about 7 weeks-13 weeks she slept completely through the night without ever waking up. Now, she will still sleep from about 7:30pm-6:00 or 6:30am, but may wake up quite a few times. Usually I just have to go put her paci back in her mouth and she'll go right back to sleep. Nonetheless though, it sucks reverting back. The doctor says she'll go through sleep cycles, so it may get better then worse again. It all started when we took her out of the bassinet part of her pack'n'play. I guess she is still getting used to sleeping flat on her back. Either way, I don't really feel like I can complain. Even when she wakes up at 6:30 on the weekends, she'll usually eat and stay up for an hour or so then go back to sleep. Throughout the day, she still only stays up for about 1.5-2 hours before she needs a nap, and her naps range from 30 min-2 hours. I love this because I usually take a couple of hour long naps with her on the weekends. Who says you never get to sleep when you have kids???

-She'll laugh at pretty much anything these days...sneezing noises, hiccup noises, panting like a dog. You can, at the very least, get a big smile out of her if you do any of these. Such a fun age!

-She has done it a few times and is getting pretty good at picking her paci up all by herself and putting it in her mouth. Sometimes it's sideways or upside down, but I'm just proud of her for getting it there. In general, there has been a huge difference in her hand/eye coordination this past month.

-She is such a good and easy baby. I can take her anywhere and she will usually be so well behaved. Other than last Sunday at church when I had to take her out, she hasn't ever cried or acted up when we've been out, thank goodness!


-She LOVES to watch me dry my hair. She just watches with this blank stare. It's hilarious!

-She has started to fuss once she sees her bottle/food when it's time to eat. If I make her food in the kitchen then carry her with me into the nursery to get a bib, she gets so mad. Girl likes to eat!

-She loves for you to hold her upside down for a second or so. She just laughs and laughs when you do that.



-She still LOVES her book Cats Colors. I will keep that book forever, I swear. I'm not just saying it. She really does love that book. It's crazy.

-She loves her exersaucer.

-You have to watch her because any chance she gets she will grab your hair, nose, skin on your neck, or anything that she can get her hands on. Faces fascinate her these days.

-She loves to rock, but instead of cradling her like a baby, she likes to rock with her back to my chest so she can see everything now. It doesn't take but a few minutes then she falls asleep.

Baby girl in her stroller at the Greek Festival.


Love her so much!

All in all she is so fun and playful right now. Every day gets more and more fun! She really does makes me laugh so much. I honestly could not love her more if I wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment