Despite the fact that Anderson rolled over 4 times one night about two months ago, she hadn't really done it since. I think that maybe she just accidentally did it that night without actually knowing what she was doing. The past couple of weeks though, I kept on finding her in her pack n' play on her side even though I put her on her back (she seems to like to sleep that way), so I knew it was only a matter of time before she started really rolling over, and on purpose this time. Well, I finally caught it on camera. You can tell this is definitely on purpose. She seems pretty determined when she does it! At her four month check-up, Dr. Manley said she was a bigger baby and it was going to take more strength for her to roll over than smaller babies, so it was no big deal that she wasn't doing it regularly yet. He also said that she seemed like a very content, lazy baby...meaning that she was cool just laying there. It totally makes sense, because I knew she could do it. I mean, I saw it with my own two eyes about two months ago, but I guess she just didn't have any desire to try. She most certainly isn't lazy when it comes to eating or grabbing what she wants!
(Side note: Her outfit is size 6 months. Notice it's almost too small. I guess she won't be in that size but another week or two. Bless it!)
I can't even begin to tell you how well my girl has done with rice cereal. The first two times she tried it, she kind of made faces like she wasn't too sure about it, but ate it all anyway. I couldn't believe she actually swallowed it all down instead of spitting it out. I think she was just that ready to eat! She had been really eyeing our food for a couple of weeks prior to starting her on rice cereal, so I knew that she was ready. I just didn't know how ready. You would think that we have been starving her the way she eats half the time. You can kind of tell by the video below, but I pretty much have to shovel the food in her mouth. She immediately opens her mouth for another bite as soon as I take the spoon out of her mouth. Also, she HAS to touch the bowl. She will cry if I don't let her. It gets her hands a little messier than I would like, but I figure as long as she's happy and eating, who cares. Since she has done so well the past 9 days on rice cereal, I am going to start her on sweet potatoes this weekend. I am really excited about making her own food so it can be organic. I found a great website with lots of information and recipes and I can't wait to try one out this weekend. I'll update sometime next week about how it is going.
I can't even begin to tell you how well my girl has done with rice cereal. The first two times she tried it, she kind of made faces like she wasn't too sure about it, but ate it all anyway. I couldn't believe she actually swallowed it all down instead of spitting it out. I think she was just that ready to eat! She had been really eyeing our food for a couple of weeks prior to starting her on rice cereal, so I knew that she was ready. I just didn't know how ready. You would think that we have been starving her the way she eats half the time. You can kind of tell by the video below, but I pretty much have to shovel the food in her mouth. She immediately opens her mouth for another bite as soon as I take the spoon out of her mouth. Also, she HAS to touch the bowl. She will cry if I don't let her. It gets her hands a little messier than I would like, but I figure as long as she's happy and eating, who cares. Since she has done so well the past 9 days on rice cereal, I am going to start her on sweet potatoes this weekend. I am really excited about making her own food so it can be organic. I found a great website with lots of information and recipes and I can't wait to try one out this weekend. I'll update sometime next week about how it is going.
No comments:
Post a Comment