Hello 3rd and final trimester! Everything has been going by so quickly. I just hope this last trimester is just as quick and easy!
On Saturday, we went to Baby Impressions to have the 3D/4D ultrasound of Anderson, and it was a lot of fun! (Thank you so much, Lacey!) Although, she proved that she is MORE than stubborn and isn't going to do anything she doesn't want to do...something everyone in the ultrasound room said she gets from me! However, I must say that I am hoping that she is going to be a great baby with great sleep habits. I hear a lot of moms-to-be complain that their babies keep them up by moving around when they are trying to go to sleep. I have to brag on Anderson, because so far, she's been up when I'm up and asleep when I'm asleep! I only hope this continues! Anyway, back to the ultrasound...I got a little confused because they told me at Baby Impressions to drink plenty of water and to make sure that I drank a glass of orange juice before I came in. Well, for my glucose test appointment with the doctor on Thursday they told me NOT to drink orange juice. Needless to say, I forgot and just had a few glasses of water before the ultrasound on Saturday, so Anderson wasn't super active. The very first thing the lady said when she started the ultrasound was that Anderson has lots of hair. (I had quite a bit of dark hair when I was born so I'm hoping she'll have the same hair as me!)
Then, she tried to get a look at her face for oh, the next 15 minutes or so. These are the only shots we were getting. She is already head down facing the back of me, which is the position they are supposed to be in for birth.
| Her ear and the side of her head with her arm covering her face. |
| You can see her right eye and that's it. |
Soooooo, I got up and did some jumping jacks and hopped around the room to try and get her to move that arm. By the way, she was kicking her feet and moving her other arm/hand all around during the ultrasound. After the jumping jacks, she finally put her arm down, but kept her hand in her face in one way or another the rest of the time. It was really cute...she actually brought her arm down and looked like she was smiling (seriously!) then put her hand in her mouth and appeared to be sucking on it. Then, to make it even worse, she brought her foot up and had her foot in her face. I guess we are going to have to wait until she arrives to really get a good look at her. It's crazy because I don't see it, but my mom and Tra immediately said she looked like me. I'll have to wait and see her in person to be able to say who I think she looks like. Anyway, these are the best shots that we were able to get.
| Don't worry...that's just a shadow on her eyelid! |
Despite the fact that we didn't really get a good look at her face, it was really nice and comforting to be able to see her. It always brings me a little peace to be able to SEE her moving around, despite the fact that I can feel her. Also, her heart rate was still in the 150s, so that was really good too. For the time being, please pray that I have a good appointment on Thursday and pass the glucose test!
Lastly, here are a few more pictures of the bump before I get back to work!
![]() |
| The bump at 28 weeks! |
![]() |
| This dress is getting shorter and shorter as the bump grows. I'm pretty sure it'll be the last time I wear it until legging season! |
![]() |
| The bump at 28 weeks and 2 days! |



No comments:
Post a Comment