Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nursery update!

I did a post last week about the nursery progress, but it somehow got messed up. Most of the post got deleted somehow, and I didn't have time to fix it, so I just took it down. I finally have some free time, so I thought I would re-do the lost blog! Once again though, I took these pictures with my camera phone, so the coloring is off. Once the glider and rug I ordered come in, I will take some pictures with my regular camera and post them. I think it's still going to be about 3 weeks though, so it'll be awhile before I'm able to get the finished product up! In the meantime, I am in search for lamps, storage baskets, changing pad covers, curtains, etc. I also still need to purchase the crib mattress and dresser knobs.

Wall above the storage/bookshelf.
 I originally wanted to frame fabric, but after quite a few trips to Tony's, I gave up because I couldn't find 3 or 4 fabrics I liked that "went together". I found some online that I liked, but without seeing the colors in person I was afraid the purchase the fabrics. So, instead, I found a book of all damask scrapbook paper. Most of them are along my color scheme as well. Once the rug comes in, if I decide I don't like these choices, I have many others to choose from that may look better with the rug. I found these frames on sale at Hobby Lobby for $5 a piece. All I did was paint them white and stick the scrap book paper in there. Total cost of all 6 frames was about $45. You can't beat that!

I need to get the baskets, lamps, and picture frames to finish off this bookshelf.


I am so ready to get a crib mattress so I can put the bedding together. The skirt and bumper are white, but the sheet will be a coral-ish pattern.


 
Don't ask me why I chose to do this painting. I just saw one on etsy that was similar and I decided to copy it. It didn't turn out quite as cute as the one on etsy, but it beats paying $70!  


I am SO HAPPY because I found my favorite rug for about $200 cheaper than it was online, so I was able to get it!


Lastly, here is the glider I purchased, only I got it in solid white.
 While I am posting the glider, I want to say, if anyone needs a glider PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO TO FACTORY FURNITURE in Mauldin. I was getting ready to order this glider from a local baby furniture store and ended up getting it a Factory Furniture for $200 less! Seriously! They don't have many on the floor for you to try out, but I got to sit in many at the baby furniture store and found the one I liked, then Factory Furniture just ordered it for me! Also, I saved about $200 on my rug because Jeff Lynch happens to be the ONLY store in the south that sells Company C and happened to be running a huge sale on that particular brand. Such a blessing! Shop around, you can almost always find the things you want, but at better prices.

I know it's not much of an update from previous nursery post, but I got some wall art up and ordered the glider and rug, so it's some progress. I won't do another one until I am finished, so I just thought I would show what I had so far!

2 comments:

  1. super cute! glad you got the rug! have you done your 3d ultrasound yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I called but they said it's best around 28 weeks, so I have 2 or 3 more weeks until I go. I can't wait! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete