Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glucose Test & Wounded Warrior Game

So, I went in this morning and had the dreaded glucose test. It actually wasn't that bad. The drink really does taste like flat orange crush. They give you 5 minutes to drink it, but it's not that big, so I probably had it finished in a minute or so. The worst part about the test was the fact that they made me carry around a LOUD ticking timer for an hour. Everyone in the waiting room was looking at me like "Really?" but I couldn't help it! Oh well! They said no news is good news, so if I don't hear from them in the next couple of days then everything is great and I passed. I am hoping that's the case, because the 3 hour test doesn't sound quite as pleasant from what the lady told me. Please cross your fingers and say a little prayer that everything comes back okay!

By my fundal height measurement, I was 29 weeks today, so that's about right along what I thought. Even though they originally gave me a December 24th due date, all of my measurements and my last ultrasound all pointed closer to my December 17th due date. Just goes to show you that the doctor's can say what they want, but you know your body better than anyone else. I was there. I know when I got pregnant. Just hearing the proof makes me feel better, because it backs up what I've been saying all along!

I'm really excited about the South Carolina v. Auburn game on Saturday! Despite the fact that we are 4-0, I hope this is the week they step it up and play to their potential. For the game on Saturday, the Gamecocks will be sporting their wounded warrior uniforms. Call me crazy, but I actually really like them this year (minus the tinted visor)!



Speaking of the Wounded Warrior game and uniforms.....this picture was circulating around Facebook this morning:
With is caption: "Please meet Landon.. his dad Marine LCPL Carpenter made the ultimate sacrifice while serving with the 3/8 in Afghanistan earlier this year.. a month before his son was born. Never forget the price of freedom."

It makes you stop and think about just how thankful we should be, as Americans, that people willingly make sacrifices like this all the time to protect our freedom. I couldn't even imagine having to go through my last trimester and the birth of our daughter without my husband by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment