Brittney recently asked me to do a blog on what all I packed for the hospital and I thought it was a good idea, because maybe people who have already had kids could tell me things I may have forgotten to pack. Before you read my list, let me just say that I'm sure I packed waay too much for a 2 day stay at the hospital, but it's just the way I am. I always over pack. Here is what I have packed right now:
Me:
-2 nursing gown/dresses ( I got them both at Destination Maternity and one is a gown with a robe and the other I think is technically is a gown but looks more like a long-sleeved cotton dress)
-Maternity leggings (I'm thinking they will still be more comfortable than my regular leggings)
-2 tunics (Both tunics are things I could easily nurse in, but one will be to wear home and the other just in case I don't feel comfortable in my nursing gowns in front of visitors at the hospital)
-My own pillow
-Boppy
-Nursing bras
-Underwear
-Bedroom slippers/socks
-Nipple pads and cream
-Toiletries (I am taking it all. Shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, straightener, hairbands, brush, toothbrush, make-up, the whole nine-yards, because I know me, and I know that I will want to look decent if I am going to have visitors in the room snapping pictures for 2 days)
-Camera
-Camera charger
-Cell phone charger
-My own towel and washcloth
Anderson:
-2 size newborn footed onesies
-2 size 0-3 month footed onesies
-2 size 0-3 month gowns
-1 going home outfit
-2 hats
-2 pairs of socks
-2 burp cloths
-3 blankets
-2 different kinds of pacifiers
-Diapers
-Wipes
Although it's a lot of stuff, everything other than the pillows are in a duffle bag and a diaper bag, so it's not like I'm taking 4 bags. Also, I am going off of memory, so hopefully I didn't forget anything that I already have packed. Hopefully this helps people who will be packing a bag soon, and for people out there who have experience, let me know if I forgot anything!
20 hours ago
yayy!! thank you! so helpful! :)
ReplyDelete