Friday, December 2, 2011

38 Weeks!

Can you believe there are only 14 days left until my due date?? I know I can't. I can truly say these past 9 months have absolutely FLOWN by! It only seems like a few months ago that I had just gotten back from San Francisco and found out that I was pregnant. I'm so glad that I got one last hoorah in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma with my girls before starting this exciting adventure of motherhood!

I'll just do a little bit of the survey for updates so I don't bore you all with the same stuff over and over again.

How far along? 38 weeks!
Size of Baby? The chart this week says around 19.61 inches and 6.8 pounds. Of course, this is just an average. I could kick myself for not asking the doctor what he guessed yesterday. I hear they are usually way off anyway, so I guess it wouldn't have mattered. I still would like to have known though.
Movement?  Lots of movement still, but it's starting to slow down a bit, which is normal since she's running out of room.
Sleep? Okay most of the time. I had my first experience with insomnia Wednesday night though. I've heard a lot of women closer to the end of pregnancy wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. It's a way of your body preparing itself for the sleepless nights you're about to have, I guess. Well, I woke up around 3:45 and was WIDE awake and couldn't go back to sleep until about 5:30 and then I had to get up for work at 6:30. This is not normal for me. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again so I can be really well rested when baby girl decides to make her grand entrance and I have to be up every 2 hours to breastfeed. 

Lastly, I went to the doctor yesterday morning and everything was looking great. This doctor couldn't say for sure by feeling that the baby was in the right position for delivery, so he had me get a quick 2 minute long ultrasound to make sure we were ready to go. Thankfully, Anderson was still in the same position she's been in every time someone has checked for the last few months. It's crazy just how different this ultrasound was even from my 28 week ultrasound. Ten weeks ago, when they would put the wand somewhere, you could see half her body. Now though, all I could see was the back of a big 'ol head until she moved it up to my stomach. She had to get up to about my ribs to see all of the torso. Anyway, I am so glad that she's head down and facing the back like she's supposed to be. I've heard it really hurts when they try and turn the baby if he/she is breech. Also, I will spare you the details of why he thinks this, but the doctor said I am probably starting to dilate a little bit. He didn't check me because he said he didn't need to, but I am hoping he is right! Hopefully hopefully hopefully she'll be here in a week or so! Who knows though! I am starting to get a little antsy! I think it's just the anticipation of it all.

I'll try and get some 38 week pictures this weekend and post them next week.

1 comment:

  1. yay!! come on baby Anderson!!! we cant wait to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete