Tuesday, December 13, 2011

For those of you wondering....

I'm still here! I know I have 4 more days until my due date, but I'm starting to get a little discouraged. I know I shouldn't complain, because other than being sick in the first trimester, I have had an almost perfect pregnancy, but it's getting tough. I think the "miserable" everyone talks about feeling at the end isn't physical, it's more emotional. It's the waiting and the waiting and the waiting. Wondering every time you feel some contractions if now is the time. I never thought I would be one of those girls that got emotional at the end of pregnancy, but I have. I'm not one to get upset over things, or have bad days, etc. I usually just let things roll of my back. I've been that way all of my pregnancy as well. Even a few weeks ago, I laughed to myself when a girl told me she started crying to her doctor the week of her due date because she wanted to have her baby so bad. I just never thought it would be me. Well, fast forward a few weeks and here I am. I think it might be a little less discouraging if I wasn't working still, but 50 thousand times a day you have to hear "You're still here?", "Do you feel anything yet?" and things like that. I obviously exaggerate when I say 50 thousand, but I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said 20 times a day. It doesn't bother me when my friends ask, it's just all the random people that get annoying. Just wait. The cashiers at the grocery store, the mailman, and everyone else will be making comments at the end of your pregnancy. I know they mean well, but all it does is remind you that yes, you are still here and haven't had your baby yet. I know that it is right around the corner though, and I just need to be patient. I am a planner, so I should have known this part would be hard for me. I guess it's a good lesson learned. I don't mean to be pessimistic about it, but it's my blog and not only do I want to remember how I felt when I look back, but I think it's good for other mommies-to-be to know that it's totally normal to feel this way, and TRUST ME, you are not alone!

I have my doctor's appointment on Thursday, so hopefully if nothing has happened before then, I will get some good news in a couple of days! I am just so anxious to know if I've made any progress. I think I will cry if I am still only dilated to 2cm on Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. hang in there, erin!!!! youre doing a lot better than i will, i think!! i cant imagine!! hurry on up Anderson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait! I think about it everyday haha. so exciting!

    ReplyDelete