Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nothing new to report, unfortunately :(

Well, I had my doctor's appointment this morning and I learned nothing new. The nurse put me in the room and asked me if I needed anything, so I asked for a sheet so that I could get undressed for my pelvic exam. She then told me that I didn't need one because the doctor wouldn't check me until the week of my due date, unless they suspected something was wrong. About 20 long minutes later, the doctor came in and sure enough...she said she wouldn't check me. Everything is looking perfect, which believe me, I am thankful for, but I was really hoping I would get checked so they could tell me if I was dilated at all, or possibly get induced. My blood pressure was higher than it had been last week (like 136/69 when the top number had been around 112), so I was hoping if it had gone up a little more (nothing dangerous, obviously) that I would be able to get induced. Well, it was 99/64 today. The doctor pretty much said it could be anytime, but with a chart that looked as good as mine, there's no guarantee that I'll be home and settled before Christmas. After a little bit of talking, I think she could see what I was hinting around at, and I'm pretty sure she was trying to nicely say that I have no case to be induced. It's not that I want to get induced, I would much prefer it to be natural, but I REALLY want to be home before Christmas! Like desperately!

Sooo, I'm hoping this baby girl just comes naturally before my next appointment on Thursday, December 15th, since she all but told me they won't induce me early. I guess I need to step it up with everything I've been doing to try and speed the process along. It's a full moon this Saturday, and while I don't believe in that stuff, you always hear that nurses and doctors say more people go into labor then, so I'm hoping I will be one of those people! We'll see though! If nothing happens in between now and then, I will update everyone after my appointment on Thursday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment