For those of you that are interested in making your own baby food, here is an AWESOME website that breaks everything down and tells you how to make each individual food.
If you go to the "solid foods" category, it shows you all of the foods your baby can have at each age. Then, if you go to the "baby food recipes" section, it tells you how to cook each individual food, what tastes good mixed together, etc. Obviously though, listen to your doctor first. This website is pretty much spot on with what Anderson's Dr recommends though. If anything, the website recommends holding out and starting solids later than the Dr recommended.
The only thing that is a little different that I've found is that this website says you can start giving your baby protein (chicken and turkey) at 6-8 months. It is in the "stage 2" section at the grocery store as well, but my doctor said not until 8-9 months. Just in case, I am going to wait until 8 months to start protein and yogurt. I see no need in rushing anything. She has soo many options that she can eat right now without it.
It's really interesting though, this website even has a section under each fruit and vegetable about if you should purchase it organic or not. There are what they call the "dirty dozen," which is the twelve fruits and veggies that are the most contaminated with pesticides, and then they have the twelve least contaminated. It's just nice to know, in general, what fruits and veggies are the worst and should always be purchased organic. I've learned a lot from this website.
Most things are SUPER easy to cook! The only things that have taken a bit longer are plums and peaches, and I think it's just because they are smaller and take more to make a decent amount. I bet you I could make about a months worth in just a few hours though. It really is that easy! I'm not sure if it's any cheaper, because buying organic can be expensive, but I could probably make a months worth for about $50, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment