About You
Name: Erin
Name: Erin
Age: 26
Height: 5'7"
About The Father
Name: Tra
Name: Tra
Age: 27
Height: 5'8"
Are you still together: Yes. Married 1 year 5 months
About Your Pregnancy
Is this your first pregnancy: Yes
Is this your first pregnancy: Yes
When did you find out you were pregnant: Sunday, April 10, 2011.
Was it planned: Yes, to a degree. We were planning on "trying" once I got back from San Francisco, which would have been in April. Little did I know, I got pregnant in March. (It only takes once people!) It was only a month before we wanted to start trying, so I like to say that we were. I hate to call it unplanned, because it is something that we wanted really bad, but I just wanted to wait until after San Francisco, so I wouldn't be sick during my trip.
What was your first reaction: O.M.G.! I took the pregnancy test because I was late, but that's not very unusual for me. I truly didn't think that I was pregnant, and kind of just took the test as a joke. By my calculations, I shouldn't have been able to get pregnant when I did. I guess my body was on a different schedule that month. Baby Dumit was definitely meant to be, as all babies are!
Who was with you when you found out: Well, technically I was in the bathroom by myself, but Tra was right outside. He knew what I was doing because he went and bought the test for me.
Who was the first person you told: Other than Tra, I think I called my mom first. Then I called one of my best friends, Annelise, because she had just had a baby and I was freaking out a little bit! I know I've said this before, but even when the pregnancy is planned and it's something you want, there is nothing that can prepare you for the moment when you find out that you actually ARE. It's very surreal. It seriously took my breath away and I started shaking. Not because I wasn't happy, but just because it's such a life changing moment.
How did your parents react: My mom actually said "Oh my gosh, let me sit down for a minute! I was expecting this, but not for a couple of more months." (Not in a bad way, she was just in shock too!) It was really funny!
How far along are you: 20 weeks, 6 days.
What was your first symptom: Feeling tired, I think. Then the nausea set in.
What is your due date: December 17, 2011.
Do you know the sex of the baby: Ultrasound tech was leaning towards a girl at my 14 week ultrasound, but I find out for sure in 4 days!
Have you picked out names: Yes, if it's a girl, it will more than likely be Anderson Adair Dumit. If it's a boy, it will be George Marion Dumit, IV.
How much weight have you gained: 8 lbs
Do you have stretch marks: Not yet.
Natural or medicated birth: Epidural! I see no reason in not getting it!
Have you felt the baby move: Yes, many times. The movements are getting stronger by the day and within the past couple of days I have started to feel the baby move more often.
Have you heard the heartbeat: Yes, a few times.
Home or hospital birth: HospitalNatural or medicated birth: Epidural! I see no reason in not getting it!
Who will be in the delivery room with you: Tra and my mom probably.
Will you breastfeed: Definitely.
Do you think you'll need a c-section: Hope not.
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time: I'm sure I will. I cry EVERY time I see it on TV.
Would you let someone videotape the birth: Eww, not the actual birth, but I wouldn't care if a video camera was running in the room. As long as I'm feeling pretty pain free from the epidural, I think it would be a great thing to capture on film. No nasty images though! It needs to all be from the waist up. I guess this will be something I decide depending on how good/bad I'm feeling when it comes time.
Are you excited about the birth, or scared?: I guess if anything, I am excited right now. I'm sure the nerves will set in closer to time though.
No comments:
Post a Comment