Thursday, August 25, 2011

I’m learning...slowly but surely!

Thank you so much, Carmen, for recommending the book Baby Bargains. After reading your blog, I went out and bought it the next day so that I could see how all of the things I had already purchased were rated. I also wanted to check and see how the things I am registered for and plan on purchasing were rated so that I could change them if need be. (Side note: I am kind of a freak about these things. Not only do I want things that are safe for my child, but I also want good quality products that will last. I am a firm believer in the saying that "You get what you pay for." Although, I know that sometimes you are just paying for the name, not the quality. I think this book really helps distinguish the difference between the two.) I was relieved to find that not only was my crib rated an "A", but when it came to brand recommendations it was their "best pick"! As a matter of fact, all of my review researching came in handy, as most everything I've purchased and registered for all got an "A". Everything except for my Serena and Lily bedding and baby monitor that is. Even though they said Serena and Lily bedding quality was excellent, it got a B+, because it is expensive. They actually had nothing but great things to say about it other than the fact that it is pricey. Oh well, it was the only bedding I could find that I liked, so no loss there in my opinion! One thing I did find interesting was that the best pick for the infant seat is the Graco Snugride, which is awesome, because it's one of the cheaper infant seats you can find when registering. However, I am still dead set on my Peg Perego car seat. It got a great rating other than the facts that it's a little heavy and expensive. They complained that it's expensive because of the Italian fabrics used, but that why I like it, because of the pattern. I almost registered for one of the many patterns of the Graco Snugride seats, but I really wanted something solid colored and without velvet, and that's something Graco just doesn't offer. I think if I was having a boy I would have easily picked a Graco seat though! Just a tip for you all. Go with the Graco if you find a pattern that you like!

The one thing that I am confused about now, after browsing the book, is the baby monitor situation. The one I registered for was in there and got a C grade. Pretty much the only ones that got an A were some of the video monitors, and I really don't want to invest that much in a monitor. My main thing is I don't want anything that is going to have a problem with interference. I guess I'm still on the hunt for a good baby monitor! I'll report back when I find something that has good reviews, but doesn't cost and arm and a leg!

Aside from the fact that I want to turn some of these posts into a book for my child one day, I really like the feedback and suggestions that I am getting from blogging. It really helps to be able to talk and hear from multiple moms about the products they found helpful. It can be confusing at times, because it seems that everyone has a different opinion, as every baby is different. I'm just trying to do my research so I can avoid buying what appears to be the best product, only to find out that it's lousy.

On a different note, I went to see The Help last night and LOVED it! You should definitely go see it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment