We had a great doctor's appointment this morning! The above is actually a video of the ultrasound. It is about 15 minutes long, and is something I'm sure no one will want to watch in its entirety, but I thought it was cool and wanted to post it. The reason it's so long is because she actually went through to show us and measure each part of the baby's body, individually. About the 9-10 minute mark is where you see the proof that it is a baby girl! If you don't know what you are looking at, it may appear as though there is something there, but it's actually the umbilical cord you see and not a part of the baby's body! Anyway, we are so excited and can't wait to meet little Anderson Adair in December! Now, on to getting the nursery put together now that I know what accent color to go with!
Also, you may notice that in the corner of the ultrasound it says that I am 20 weeks and 3 days instead of 21 weeks and 3 days. By my first ultrasound at 8 weeks, the baby was measuring for a December 24th birthday, but I know exactly when I "conceived" the baby and knew it wouldn't have taken the egg 7 days to attach. Today, like I thought, I was measuring 3 or 4 days earlier than that....like a December 20th due date, but they won't change it. Despite all of the confusion, I am still going with December 17th as my due date. I'm sure I will measure a few more things before it's all said and done, and you never know when the baby is actaully going to come anyway!
I may or may not have watched the entire 15 minutes, nothing short of glued to the screen. Riveting, in all seriousness. How insane!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I meant to say two more things. First, I'm in love already. Second, why does it look like the ultrasound tech is shakin' your baby in like minute 11? I got protective from afar for a second.
ReplyDeletesuper cool and can't tell you enough how excited I am for you...literally, I mean how many times have I told you already haha. She'll be here before you know it! woohoo
ReplyDeleteErin!! Omg, I too just watched the entire thing! Thank you for sharing! I am so emo right now that I actually cried when "BABY GIRL!" flashed up on the screen!! Anderson Adair, how beautiful!!!! Soooo exciting :) I can't wait to see how the nursery turns out now that you have your accent color. Congrats!!! We have our 12 wk appt on Friday, im so excited! I hope our babies can be playmates!!
ReplyDeleteAlex, yes, she was most definitely shaking my belly trying to get little Anderson to move around so she could get better views of things! I feel like I could do a much better and nicer job of getting her to move around without being poked! See you Sunday!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lacey! See you tonight!
Brittney, let me know how the appointment goes on Friday! Otherwise, I'll see you tonight too! Oh, and I would love for our babies to be playmates! We will need to start a play group with all the expecting moms once all the babies arrive!