Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I need suggestions, please!

Does anyone know where I can get some cute rugs like this, but not have to pay $500-$600 for a 5X7?



Normally, I might just suck it up and pay the money for one of these rugs seeing as I think the rug makes the room most of the time, but in this case, I don't think that would be very smart of me. Although I have already purchased the dresser, bookshelf and crib I still have to purchase a glider along with MANY other things such as the bedding, crib mattress, changing pad, wall art, storage baskets, curtains, a light, etc. So, needless to say, you can see why spending $500 on a rug would be just plain stupid. I just can't seem to find any cute, cheap rugs anywhere. Such is life, huh? All of the cute stuff is usually expensive! Please let me know if any of you know of any good places for me to look.

While I'm on the subject of how much the nursery costs and just how much a baby costs in general, I thought I would take the time to blog about something I've been thinking about and grateful for lately. I'll start with giving you a little background. Last October and November Tra won two fishing tournaments that were sponsored by Stratos, which is the kind of boat he drives. Since Stratos sponsored the tournament, it meant that if the person who won the tournament drove a Stratos, then they would match the winnings. After winning two of these, Tra was owed a total of $1,500.00 from Stratos. Well, to make a long story short, about 7 months went by and Tra had been unsuccessful at actually getting paid the money he was owed. That is when I took over. Finally, about a week ago, after 10 months of trying and having to threaten to get an attorney, we finally got the checks in the mail! You know, we spent months so frustrated and mad about it taking so long to get this money, then when we actually do, you realize what a blessing in disguise it really was that it took so long. Had Tra been paid when he should have been 10 months ago, then we probably would have blown the money on something stupid. Now though, it has helped us so much when I wondered how in the world we are going to pay for everything. For those of you that have never had a baby, let me tell you about a few surprises you might run into after getting pregnant. At about my 16 week doctor's appointment the billing department was like, "Oh, by the way, with your insurance policy you have to pay 30% until your $1,500.00 out of pocket is reached. We require every patient pay their part of the delivery fee by no later than the beginning of your 7th month of pregnancy." What this meant was that I owed Greenville OBGYN $1,083.90 by September 1st or I'm assuming the doctor wouldn't deliver my baby. By the way, I have pretty good insurance too. This is just one of those things that comes along with the territory. In my mind, I was freaking out. All I could think about was how I had 3 months to come up with an extra $1100 on top of all of the nursery furniture (which will end up costing about $1,500.00) and everything else that comes along with having a baby. I had NO IDEA where all of this money was going to come from. Then, as always, God provides. We get this money in the mail about 2 weeks before it is due, and I even have some left over to help out with the gilder that I still have to purchase. It really is amazing how things work out. I don't think it's any secret that Tra and I do not live extravagantly. I mean, we have a decent house, 2 cars, and Tra has a boat, etc., but we by no means are really well off. When doing things such as vacationing or making big purchases, it's something that we have to plan for. We don't have lots of money just sitting in the bank so we can go and do, and buy as we please. However, it always seems as though when something major comes up and I'm wondering how we are going to to pay for it, the money always appears from somewhere, just as it did in this case. I truly feel blessed yet guilty at the same time because I spend a lot of time worrying how we are going to do this or do that when I really have to reason to worry. God ALWAYS provides for our needs, and we NEVER go without. I just thought I would share this since I have been thinking about it a lot lately.

Anyway, on a different note. Here are a couple of pictures of the dresser and shelf put together. I still need to get storage baskets and such for the shelf and the knobs and changing pad, etc. for the dresser but it's a start at least! Also, we get to pick the crib up on Saturday! So happy I almost have all of the furniture! I just need to get on decorating everything! By the way, the coloring looks weird in these pictures because they were taken with my phone instead of my camera. It almost makes the walls looks a green color, but don't worry, they aren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment