Not too much new news to report today other than the fact that they scheduled my BIG ultrasound! Dr. Gower wanted me to come in around August 2nd (which would have put me at 20 1/2 weeks) but there was nothing available that week. So, unfortunately I have to wait 3 more looong weeks until I get to find out if it's for sure a girl or if something grew between 14 weeks and now. August 9th can't come soon enough! According to the doctor though, the good news is that at 21 1/2 weeks everything should be really easy to see and there should be no question as to the gender of the baby. I am so ready to get this show on the road! Like I've said before, I don't like having things on my mental to-do list. I just want to get the nursery together, get registered and be able to relax the last trimester!
It's crazy the difference in the heartbeat on the little hand held heart monitor thingy from 8 weeks ago until now. Eight weeks ago you could barely hear a little heart beat behind all of the noises going on in my body. Now though, it is definitely MUCH louder! You could clearly hear the heart beat this morning along with the baby moving around. I didn't realize the other noises I was hearing was the baby moving around until the doctor pointed it out. It was really cool to hear. Despite the fact that I can feel the baby move a few times throughout the day I can't help but sometimes worry that something may be wrong and I don't know it. So it's always nice to hear a very healthy heart beat. It's something that I pray about all the time and am relieved by every time I go to the doctor.
Counting down the days until I no longer have to call the baby "it" or "the baby"! Only 3 more weeks!
On a different note, I think we are going to purchase the crib soon. I haven't been able to make a decision on the crib I want. There is one that I LOVE that is on sale from like $900 down to $600 and I want it sooo bad! The only problem is that it's very girly and even if I do end up having a girl this time I want a crib that I can use with my next child as well (which would hopefully be the opposite gender). Here is a picture of my favorite crib that I have talked myself out of getting. :(
Even though I really love this crib I decided I needed to get something a little less gender specific. So, here is what I think I've decided on:
It's kind of similar but much less fussy and would work for either a boy or a girl. If just a crib is taking me this long to decide on, I wonder how long the entire nursery will take?
20 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment