Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Paint nursery....check!

Finally, after about 4 days, I am finished painting the nursery! Well, except for one stripe in the top right corner that I have to paint over and re-do. I am a perfectionist and as much as I want to let it go so I can be finished painting, I just can't. It bothers me more than it probably should so I am just going to go ahead and fix it tonight. So, with that said, here are a few pictures of the room before and after. The color looks a tad different and lighter in person.



The nursery before painting.
 
The nursery before painting.
 
The nursery before painting.
 
The nursery after painting all walls but before the taping was done.

Another view before taping.

The tape that was even more annoying to measure out than I thought it would be. Also, notice the ugly ceiling fan that has GOT TO GO!  
 
Nursery all finished.


Notice the stripe in the top right corner. Does it annoy you as much as it does me?

I realize this color looks pretty dull and boring yet the striped wall looks loud all at the same time right now. I'm hoping that once I get the white furniture in and all the colored accent pieces such as the rug, lamp, sheet, ottoman, etc. that it will even everything out. The color actually turned out darker than I thought the sample looked when I painted it on the wall. Now that it's all said and done, I wish I would have gone with a lighter gray so the stripes wouldn't stand out as much, but oh well, there's no turning back now! I guess the good news is that if I get all the furniture and stuff in there and I don't like it, I still have plenty of time to lighten the color if I want to. However, I am REALLY hoping that's not the case. Sometimes, I don't know whether it's just me being really critical or it's a legitimate point because it always seems that I wish I would have chosen a slightly different color after I am finished with the paint job. What do you all think? Should I go lighter? Something like this?




Also, the design on my wall looks a little different because the room I was painting was a rectangle not a square. The first step was to put a big "X" in tape from corner to corner. Then measure out 18 inches and put your next piece of tape and so on and so forth. Anyway, naturally to get the lines straight and even my squares appear more flattened because of the room shape.

I would seriously appreciate any opinions so I can change it now if I need to. You will not hurt my feelings, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, Erin!!! I think it looks SO SO good!!!!! I love the color, I think a lighter gray wouldn't make as big of a statement. I can't believe you had the patience to measure out that tape.. i could NEVER do that.. i suck at measuring and im impatient!! haha it really looks amazing... and the "inspiration" picture you have of the changing table is on my Pinterest! I love it and I absolutely love the framed fabric!!!

    Gorgeous!!! I cant wait to see the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed with brittney and I am super impressed with how even everything is. That is not an easy task, so job well done! Very pretty hardwoods, too. LOVE it and I think as soon as you start to bring in furniture you'll love it even more. Not just saying that either...but on an even more positive note, you should be thankful that the right hand corner is all you have to do. Be proud of what you've done. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete