Although I love this room, I am only taking some ideas from it. First of all, the walls are not going to be blue. They are going to be more or a soft grayish tone. The wall the crib is going to be up against will have the stripes just like in the picture and the other walls will be solid. My crib, changing table, armoire, and glider will be white. Then, I will have some "accent pieces" such as an ottoman, paintings, etc. that will either be a coral color or a turquoise/aqua color (depending on if the baby is a boy or girl). My bedding is going to be mostly white as well. The bumper and skirt will be white then the sheet will be some sort of pattern in my accent color. Here is my bedding from Serena and Lily minus the different sheet I will have.
I know it's a lot of white but that's what I'm going for. I want the overall look of the room to be like something you would do in a normal bedroom in your house. While it can be really cute, I didn't want a nursery that looked like the "typical nursery". I want the feel of the room to be more clean, crisp and modern.
I think I am going to paint this weekend and if I do, I will post some pictures of the empty room painted. (Empty except for my Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag sitting in the corner! Thanks Pam! :) )
Anyway, I know this post doesn't make much sense but hopefully it will turn out well. I can only hope that I can execute it as well as it looks in my head. We shall see I guess!



I love the nursery ideas! I think its going to be really cute to add the accent colors of either coral or turq! My favorite colors!! I can't wait to see pictures! The room shape in the pictures look the same size as your room for Baby D! Hope this posts!
ReplyDeleteErin! I love the white. It's so angelic. Let me know if you need an early baby present of a pretty painting :) mothers deserve things for free!
ReplyDelete